Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Saskatchewan/Manitoba drive in fishing lodges - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Minnow

Default Saskatchewan/Manitoba drive in fishing lodges

I live in Wyoming and have often used Canadian fly in fishing services with pretty good luck. However it's now difficult to get several folks together for a trip. I am now looking for reasonably priced places to fish walleye and northern in Saskatchewan or Manitoba. Please advise and thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Keeper

Default Sask fishing lodges

Three Lakes Lodge , Jan Lake, Slims Cabins, Churchill River, Pawastik Lodge on the Sturgeon Weir River. Have fished all three systems, Jan may be the most productive it is a management Lake. Pawastik is on a great little river but too much work to fish, have to portage either up or down river, great adventure when I was young, not so much anymore. Our group had issues with Slims, while fishing was good problems were no fun, however I know people that ahve gone there for years and got along just fine. Check out their web sites.
wmd
Old 06-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Minnow

Just got home from Davin Lake Lodge in northern Saskatchewan. Outstanding fishing great accommodations and value. Irvin and Diana were a pleasure to stay with. Was my first trip there but will be heading back next year. Would go back just for the food!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Slot Fish

I second Davin Lake - I made three trips up there before I caught the musky bug. Great place!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Keeper

Wink Manitoba

Try the MB travel guide for lodges but grand rapids stands out as it is pavement all the way, can fish on cedar lake or the 11th largest lake in the world lake Winnipeg. Footprint lake has alot of master trout and then there's little limestone lake clear clean and green water due to the limestone awesome place. Look up moaks lodge as a place to start.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Wallhanger

Baker's Narrows resort is located on Lake Athapapuskow which is home to some of the countries best fishing for lake trout (numbers abound and big girls are plentiful enough).
There is also great pike fishing on this lake, which is a nice big body of water that has plenty of Islands to allow for comfort even on windy days. Athapap is also a decent lake for trophy walleye if you are willing to spend the time.
There are also a gazillion other smaller lakes in the area that have that nice tea stain, that can offer great fishing for pike, and walleye as well.
I live in this region and can't say enough about the fishing. Send me a PM if you do plan on coming up and I can give you fishing lakes, and fishing spots on those lakes, as well as some general do's and don'ts.

http://www.bakersnarrowslodge.com/
Old 06-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Minnow

Default Davin Lake

When was the last time you were up to Davin?
Old 06-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Slot Fish

2003, I think. Been going to NW Ontario since then to feed my other habit.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Keeper

Default Small list

I forgot about this

http://www.mloa.com/member_locator.php
Old 06-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Minnow

Default T&D at Amisk Lake

Just got back from T&D at Amisk Lake on the Sturgeon Weir River system. Great camp with very good fishing. Drive to camp with rustic accommodations. Located in Saskatchewan across the border from Flin Flon, Manitoba. Good value and friendly people. Lots of ND, SD and WY people there.

Tags
canada fishing , canada fishing trips , canada outfitters , manitoba , saskatchewan