Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What has most improved your fishing? - Page 7 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 09-01-2021, 11:53 AM
Keeper

Default Technique

Technique. There is no need to reinvent the wheel. On all the lakes people have discovered long ago the correct method and technique for the fish you want to catch. I finally asked the resort owner how to do it on this lake, all lakes are different, he explained in detail the correct way to do it. I followed his instructions to the letter and wow, what a difference. The first fish I caught doin it his way I thought was just luck so I did it again and again and again and again. No it was not luck it worked almost everytime. Amazing. Sonar is nice to see what’s going g on down there but you still need the correct technique.
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2021, 02:06 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanexpup View Post
Technique. There is no need to reinvent the wheel. On all the lakes people have discovered long ago the correct method and technique for the fish you want to catch. I finally asked the resort owner how to do it on this lake, all lakes are different, he explained in detail the correct way to do it. I followed his instructions to the letter and wow, what a difference. The first fish I caught doin it his way I thought was just luck so I did it again and again and again and again. No it was not luck it worked almost everytime. Amazing. Sonar is nice to see what’s going g on down there but you still need the correct technique.
Great point. When I was young I never used to ask the fellows at lakefront bait shops or whatever for their advice on fishing "their" lakes, even used to roll my eyes whenever one of my companions did, but once I started listening to those guys I quickly discovered they were generally passing out some pretty good advice!

Gerry
Old 09-02-2021, 10:19 AM
Minnow

Retirement!

More time on the water, More time to research bodies of water, More time to really learn my electronics.