Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye videos - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-28-2021, 04:48 PM
walleyetracker85 walleyetracker85 is offline
Keeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 211
Default Walleye videos

Hey guys I am looking to up my walleye fishing game. Wondering about videos what do you guys recommend? I know about Tom Boley. Bonus points if itís on Amazon, YouTube, or Netflix. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 08-29-2021, 06:28 AM
Clairebear's Avatar
Clairebear Clairebear is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: South West Ontario
Posts: 664
Default

Videos will help but the number one way to shorten your walleye learning curve is to pay for lessons. Find a local charter operator that is able and willing to take 1 or 2 guys out and you will be fishing smarter faster. It might take one trip this year and one next but it will help.
When the lake is frozen watch videos. Walleye 101 Lance Valentine is one I can think of. A book of knowledge to have on the coffee table is Walleye Trolling by Curtis Niedermier and Capt Ross Robertson. I read it each March or April just for a refresher.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-29-2021, 06:41 AM
walleyetracker85 walleyetracker85 is offline
Keeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairebear View Post
Videos will help but the number one way to shorten your walleye learning curve is to pay for lessons. Find a local charter operator that is able and willing to take 1 or 2 guys out and you will be fishing smarter faster. It might take one trip this year and one next but it will help.
When the lake is frozen watch videos. Walleye 101 Lance Valentine is one I can think of. A book of knowledge to have on the coffee table is Walleye Trolling by Curtis Niedermier and Capt Ross Robertson. I read it each March or April just for a refresher.

I mostly fish the larger reservoirs in South Dakota. I donít do much trolling at all so that book isnít going to help me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 08-29-2021, 12:19 PM
Wallychowder Wallychowder is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 1,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyetracker85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairebear View Post
Videos will help but the number one way to shorten your walleye learning curve is to pay for lessons. Find a local charter operator that is able and willing to take 1 or 2 guys out and you will be fishing smarter faster. It might take one trip this year and one next but it will help.
When the lake is frozen watch videos. Walleye 101 Lance Valentine is one I can think of. A book of knowledge to have on the coffee table is Walleye Trolling by Curtis Niedermier and Capt Ross Robertson. I read it each March or April just for a refresher.

I mostly fish the larger reservoirs in South Dakota. I don’t do much trolling at all so that book isn’t going to help me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watch some Al Linder videos, he generally doesn't mess around with all that Hardware like planer board fishing !
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-29-2021, 10:49 PM
Dbars19 Dbars19 is offline
Minnow
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 50
Default

Check out Tom Boley on youtube. This guy is a walleye god, has well edited videos and tons of information. He also posts a lot of videos and is basically Mr. walleye....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-30-2021, 06:46 AM
clawman clawman is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 1,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyetracker85 View Post
Hey guys I am looking to up my walleye fishing game. Wondering about videos what do you guys recommend? I know about Tom Boley. Bonus points if itís on Amazon, YouTube, or Netflix. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are there walleye clubs in your area? Good way to meet others with a similar passion and maybe get put together a fishing trip.
__________________
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-30-2021, 06:53 AM
walleyetracker85 walleyetracker85 is offline
Keeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawman View Post
Are there walleye clubs in your area? Good way to meet others with a similar passion and maybe get put together a fishing trip.

Unfortunately no I live in the city. You have to drive 2-3 hours to really get into decent walleye fishing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-09-2021, 05:05 AM
Fisherman1792's Avatar
Fisherman1792 Fisherman1792 is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Marathon, NWO, Canada
Posts: 873
Default

Also check out Fish Ed, host Jon Thelen on youtube. He fishes out of Minnesota and fishes lots in the dakotas.

Fisherman 1792
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.