Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Water in Storage Compartments - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 08-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Slot Fish

Default Water in Storage Compartments

Just curious if anyone has ever taken the carpet out of their storage compartments and replaced it with something else like vinyl or rhino line or something like that. I don't like that when it rains, my compartments get wet and the carpet stays wet until I have a nice day to leave all the compartments open to air dry. Not something I want to do when im trying to fish. Any suggestions or photos would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2015, 07:35 PM
Keeper

This is very strange indeed. I have been in many boats and none of the compartments had carpet inside. Most compartments I have seen are either pvc, aluminum, fiberglass or wood with a bottom drain hole to direct water to the bilge. I suggest you look at getting rid of the carpet
Old 08-30-2015, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

Are you able to fix the issue of water getting into the compartment instead? They shouldn't get wet from the rain...

Otherwise why not just remove carpet and be done.
NPAA #499
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2015, 07:39 PM
Slot Fish

My boat is at my cabin up north right now. But from last looking at it, I don't believe I could put a rubber seal around the compartments. I might just tear the carpet out and paint in some rhino liner. If there is a drain hole in the compartments, and can't see it through the carpet. There aren't puddles of water in the compartments, but when it rains, everything gets soaked. It kinda sucks cause when it rains I need to take all the life jackets out of my compartments.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:02 PM
Wallhanger

Remove the carpeting and get used to opening and drying them out, I won't mention brand names but most aluminum boats that I know of do not have dry storage, most glass boats that I know of are almost dry, comes with the game, keep your valuable stuff in some form of dry storage bags, my opinion anyway.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:46 PM
Slot Fish

Good idea with the dry storage bags. Yeah, I'm going to get rid of the carpet when I bring my boat back home in September. I wish I would have thought about that when I bought it. I would have had them not line the compartments with carpet when they built it. Live and learn right.

Tags
alumacraft , crestliner , lund , ranger , yamaha