Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Fishing Lake Erie for the first time, any advise - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 04-04-2019, 01:00 PM
Slot Fish

I fish the Lisbon area just down the river
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2019, 09:35 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstanislas@comcast.net View Post
Thanks for the advise!

Newer to Walleye fishing. Having been a serious recreational and tournament bass fisherman for many years. Choose to make the conversion to a multi species & more family friendly boat late last fall, bought a new 2018 Lund 2025 impact xs. Focus will be more walleye and Lake Ontario salmon, mixed with some bass.

Home lake is on the northern VT side of Lake Champlain. Going on a 10 day fishing trip, first time really putting the boat to the test. While I was hoping to go further west on Lake Erie for my first trip, my nephew lives in Kingsville OH area so we are starting there for a few days, then fishing walleye on the upper St. Lawrence in NY for a couple days, then we'll make the call to either stay on the St. Lawrence, head to Lake Ontario for Kings at the mouth of the Niagara, back to Lake Erie, or back to Lake Champlain for spring walleye. Needless to say pretty excited.
I live in the Buffalo, NY area so many of these spots you mention are in my back yard....

Depending on what time of year you plan to fish Lake Erie, you don't have to go much past Buffalo or even launch right in Buffalo for great walleye fishing......

You should have some GREAT salmon/trout fishing at the mouth of the Niagara River/Ontario this year......last year was the BEST EVER and they are expecting another banner year........of course like all fishing you could hit a bad day like anywhere else.

Let me know if you need any help when it comes to my home areas.........

Bob
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra

Tags
lake erie , walleye