Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Kudo's On Catch And Release - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-09-2021, 06:34 AM
Wallhanger

Default Kudo's On Catch And Release

This huge Musky was caught by the right guy!
https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...-west-virginia
Lowrance Hook2 5 SplitShot Bow
2007 Mercury 5HP Kicker when needed
2020 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 2.7 ECO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2021, 08:01 AM
Wallhanger

Yep congratulations are in order on what could be a new state record
Muskie guides are usually catch & release only and I would say most Muskie anglers are as well. If you want something for the wall there are always replicas which really look nice.
Old 05-10-2021, 04:33 PM
LV guy

Kudos for sure but I know a lot of musky fisherman and i don't know a one that would kill a similar fish. It's part of the sport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2021, 01:35 PM
Wallhanger

Certainly not worth killing a magnificent trophy like that. My PB musky was 54" and was estimated at the same weight. Once I get one over 55" I will get a replica made.
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM
billK

I could never understand guys putting any animal on a wall. I have a neighbor that has a glassed in front porch and has several deer heads "trophy's" that are lighted all night for everyone to see.
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by billK View Post
I could never understand guys putting any animal on a wall. I have a neighbor that has a glassed in front porch and has several deer heads "trophy's" that are lighted all night for everyone to see.
Who are you to criticize what someone else does. If a legally harvested deer is mounted and displayed what's the problem? Maybe you should refrain from looking into the neighbor's house before he puts a restraining order on you.
Old Today, 05:55 AM
billK

"Who are you to criticize what someone else does. If a legally harvested deer is mounted and displayed what's the problem? Maybe you should refrain from looking into the neighbor's house before he puts a restraining order on you."

Who am I to criticize what someone else does? Like you are doing? Harvested and displayed? I wonder,... "the why"? Which I guess is my prerogative. I know this particular guy, and it does say something about him.

BTW I have "harvested" 6 deer in my life. 2 with big racks. Never felt the need to put their heads on a wall,.some nice fish too. I don't feel the little kid reaction of "lookit what I did and lookit what I have" I'm guessing maybe you have things mounted on your walls,.which as you say," displayed", which is also your prerogative for whatever reason.

As far as looking into the neighbors house, did you miss that he has a totally glassed in porch with lights trained on the heads. and no one can pass his house which is right across the road from mine about 100 feet away and miss it.. People visiting me generally laugh at him or feel sorry for him. but you can be proud of him and his heads if you want to.