Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2019 wisconsin fishing season - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Share A Seat

Old 11-10-2018, 11:31 AM
Minnow

Default 2019 wisconsin fishing season

Looking for a fishing partner for the 2019 fishing season. Have a 2016 lund fishing boat. Like to fish throughout the state mostly a weekend warrior but some weekday fishing is possible. Trying to become a good walleye fisherman but struggling. Grew up a bluegill guy but trying new things. 48 old male from Milwaukee. Let's go fishing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2018, 08:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmannhd70 View Post
Looking for a fishing partner for the 2019 fishing season. Have a 2016 lund fishing boat. Like to fish throughout the state mostly a weekend warrior but some weekday fishing is possible. Trying to become a good walleye fisherman but struggling. Grew up a bluegill guy but trying new things. 48 old male from Milwaukee. Let's go fishing.
Madison resident expert on the lakes here with 45 years invested.

Anyone who is willing to show up and give Anonymouse a seat can benefit from 45 years of hard-won experience and knowledge & leave with a set of 4 water-resistant maps.
Happy to split boat fuel & live bait costs.
16 foot (2-3 peeps) to 30 foot (Par-TEE!!!) boats, I/O or Outboard, HYATT™ is a much experienced operator with WI DNR Safe Boating course training & certificate.
(Don't do a lot of water skiing or have occasion to drive Inboards.)

Retired 65 y.o. with a lot of time on his hands and still shopping for his replacement Cuddy Cruiser & the truck to pull it with.
Nothing beats sleeping on the water here, over summer weekends.

Leave a message in the PM box well in advance and be patient, since Anonymouse isn't exactly addicted to the electronic universe.

Last edited by Anonymouse; 12-28-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 07:28 PM
Wallhanger

I live in far southern Germantown. I have a 1875 lund crossover. If you want to do some salmon fishing I will take you out. Just send me a pm in spring. I am a farmer so allot of my fishing trips are more last minute. I normally do not fish the Milwaukee area Inland lakes because of the crowds. I do some walleye fishing on winnabago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2019, 08:07 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking View Post
I live in far southern Germantown. I have a 1875 lund crossover. If you want to do some salmon fishing I will take you out. Just send me a pm in spring. I am a farmer so allot of my fishing trips are more last minute. I normally do not fish the Milwaukee area Inland lakes because of the crowds. I do some walleye fishing on winnabago.
LMFAO.
As the owner of multiple 20'-plus cuddy cabin I/O boats over the years, on a pair of fairly substantial weather-risk lakes (Mendota & Monona, in Madison, WI), you wouldn't catch Anonymouse going farther out on the Great Lakes than the harbor at Port Washington on a perfect day, (let alone any sort of common Great Lakes windy weather) in anything smaller than 24'-30' and it better be the 30' because Anonymouse usually doesn't pack a change of undershorts.

Did actually tow the 22" Celebrity 210CC down to Port Washington once and had a great time fishing on a calm and not too breezy fall day, along the seawall of the power plant coal storage area, INSIDE the breakwater - but bruthah, there is no way Anonymouse would have taken even that substantial canoe out onto the lake proper.
Speaking as someone who has fished Lake Michigan in a 30' closed bow with autopilot, you are one gutsy and brave (or dumber than a Box-O'-Rox) dude Snowking, to run around out there in an open 19 footer.

If you have that big a pair & get REAL desperate, Anonymouse can be there on a couple hours notice.
You only live eight or nine times, amiright?

(Currently on Life #7, so good to go - ONCE.)
Old 01-09-2019, 01:38 AM
Wallhanger

Anonymouse My post was meant for the OP that lives close to me. As far as fishing Lake Michigan with a deep v 19 foot boat. I think you are crazy if you think that is not safe. Less then 0 to 2 foot waves early mornings their are many smaller boats then mine fishing. I’d guess at least 50- 60% of the boats that fish Lake Michigan are under 20 feet open bow boats. My boat is higher up in the air then Lund pro v. I have a 150 main motor and a T8 kicker motor. The kicker has a autopilot. I wear a inflatable life vest. Marine radio with distress button that sends gps location. Cordless lanyard that shuts the engine off if I fall in. If it starts to get to rough a quit. I have been fishing Lake Michigan since I was a kid. I just turned 50 this fall. So I am not a newbie taking chances. As far as calling me dumber then a box of rocks. Post like that can get you kicked of this board. Their is a way to Nicely disagree with people.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:05 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking View Post
Anonymouse My post was meant for the OP that lives close to me. As far as fishing Lake Michigan with a deep v 19 foot boat. I think you are crazy if you think that is not safe. Less then 0 to 2 foot waves early mornings their are many smaller boats then mine fishing. I’d guess at least 50- 60% of the boats that fish Lake Michigan are under 20 feet open bow boats. My boat is higher up in the air then Lund pro v. I have a 150 main motor and a T8 kicker motor. The kicker has a autopilot. I wear a inflatable life vest. Marine radio with distress button that sends gps location. Cordless lanyard that shuts the engine off if I fall in. If it starts to get to rough a quit. I have been fishing Lake Michigan since I was a kid. I just turned 50 this fall. So I am not a newbie taking chances. As far as calling me dumber then a box of rocks. Post like that can get you kicked of this board. Their is a way to Nicely disagree with people.
Relax brah, it was a joke - sheesh, what happened to peeps sense of humor these days?

Yes, peeps can disagree, which is EXACTLY what Anonymouse did with your comment.
The fact you took it so badly is on you, not Anonymouse.
Some peeps are willing to take more risks than others, it doesn't make their actions any smarter just because they are willing to take them.

Anonymouse has been fishing on a perfectly calm day with zero wave action and even in a 22' cuddy had a struggle getting back upwind to the docks when a sudden squall blew up out of nowhere.
We saw the weather coming in fast, decided to up-anchor and run for home, but the anchor rope got caught on something and wouldn't come loose.
By the time we spent 20 minutes raising the DNR fish trap and rope it all got tangled in, the rain was pelting like hail and the waves were up to well over 4' of head and crashing over the bow.

This happened on Lake Mendota, which is only 8 miles in the longest direction.
Lake Michigan is almost 120 miles wide and over 300 long.
It doesn't take much to raise a significant head of waves on that body and Anonymouse has personally seen the awesome destructive power of that lake.

You can call Anonymouse crazy but it is Anonymouse's OPINION that anyone who spends time on Lake Michigan in a small open bow, more than a mile or two from shore, is a **** fool - regardless of the safety equipment you carry and wearing a life vest at all times, like Anonymouse does whenever on the water.
Even at 60 mph, it still takes 20 minutes to get under cover when you are 12 miles out fishing salmon & Anonymouse just related what can happen in 20 minutes on even a much smaller body of water.
With large rollers, that 20 minute journey can turn into an hour in a YUGE hurry.

But, as stated, Anonymouse is NOT adverse to occasionally taking some risk, or being a little foolish in pursuit of some fishin' fun - which is WHY he offered to go anyway.
He salutes the fact that you are so safety minded - many of those you see out there are not - but still, dude, 19' open bow on Lake Michigan?
Not exactly "safe" by any means, if you go more than a little ways offshore.
All it takes is one or two of those big waves falling IN the boat and suddenly you aren't ON the water anymore, yer IN it.
(Not to mention getting rolled over sideways.)

Last edited by Anonymouse; 01-22-2019 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:29 PM
Wallhanger

Why do you keep referring to yourself in the third person. It is just weird. Im taking my boat out to Lake Erie in June. I suppose you disagree with that also. There is a number of guides that fish with Ranger 621 open bows on Lake Erie. Do you think that’s not big enough? I never speared a wave and flooded my boat on Lake Michigan. If it is rough I drive slow. My boat has level flotation in it so it will not sink compared to yours. Before I get in trouble with the mods I am done posting on this thread. I will never communicate with you again.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:41 PM
Minnow

also looking to fish more walleye, 50 live in evansville, thats south of madison, if you didnt know, have a boat also.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:18 AM
Minnow

I'm 32 live in Milwaukee. Grew up fishing on and off but never had a boat till about 5 years ago. I don't have loads of experience like some of the others that have posted but I'm in the same situation of trying to get better. Message me if you'd like to talk more.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:35 PM
Minnow

Any walleye/Musky people near Menomonie or Eau Claire that want to pair up for fishing fun. Not interested in doing a lot of tournaments but wouldn't mind a couple small one day shoot outs. Mostly looking for fun fishing partners. I'm retired and sometimes get tired of going alone.