Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What's Your Bucket List Trip - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 11-25-2019, 10:31 AM
Keeper

Default Bucket list

Inflateable raft fishing an amazing Alaskan river with the kids so close to booking again for 2020.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2019, 01:24 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The tank View Post
Mine has always been Budds Gunisao lodge.
That's on the top of my list as well and I have a desire to go to Great Slave or lake similar for lake trout.
wmd
Old 11-25-2019, 03:07 PM
Slot Fish

Great question for this time of year

I have a hard time narrowing it down to 1 but if I had to choose it would be any of the Plummers Lodges - since I know nothing about fishing lake trout I would say one of the guided lodges unless I can get Moosebunk to go with me!

Cheers
Gordy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2019, 03:55 PM
Keeper

My first choice would be the same as DeBo, a trip to Great Bear with Plummer's and the side to trip to Tree River. Tied for second would be Trout Rock Lodge and Taltson Bay Lodge. I don't know if I'll ever fish the Far North, but these are no cash or vacation time limit dream trips.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:56 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vteye3 View Post
Inflateable raft fishing an amazing Alaskan river with the kids so close to booking again for 2020.
A friend of mine did a raft float trip on the Kobuk River in Alaska. If you were to do that, be prepared...real prepared. His list of stories and events of that trip are endless. Least of which is his all tackle Shefish (Inconu) world record.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:55 AM
Keeper

Default Sheefish

I've floated the Togiak twice, Alagnak (Katmai National Park - bears) and Talchalitna.
All the rivers up there require a lot of planning: good tent, rain gear, common sense etc
My adult kids are now pushing to redo the trip
Old 11-27-2019, 09:15 AM
Slot Fish

Be cool if able to do a dream trip north with people taking their first dream trips north. Been a part of that with people before and it's the excitement and vibe between everyone that make it even more fun.

I love tripping with my wife! Blessed to have caught plenty of fish over the years in plenty of places, any chance to watch her reel in her "fish of a lifetime" gets my heart pumping more often than catching my own. Her favorite fish are Arctic char, lake trout and muskie so anywhere we can go for those is perfect.

But on my bucket, it's fly fishing Atlantics in say maybe Ungava, a self-guided tour at Trophy Lodge on Bear for lakers if possible, casting for tarpon somewhere, probably doing the Iceland browns, and there are two lesser known spots in the remote Arctic I'd like to see and char fish. Lots of places to ice fish in mind too.

Good thread for the long winter ahead.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:06 AM
Charter Member

A trip to Great Slave or Great Bear. And another to trip to Nipigon. If I get my Lake of the Woods cabin sold this year, it will be one of the first two. Sooo many places in my bucket but only so much time.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:30 PM
Keeper

Default Bucket list

So many great walleye trips to be had and have experienced. Coming into the winter months, I tend to think of warmer buckets. Years ago I had the experience of a life time fishing the western coast of Costa Rica at Crocodile Bay Lodge. Catches of numerous pacific sailfish, huge mahi and wahoo along with rosterfish and giant jacks will always draw me back for a last bucket trip.
Granted, you are a larger part of the pursuit on a walleye/pike trip. In Costa Rica you are dependent on a guide to put you onto fish. On that trip when a hookup was made the fight was between you and the fish standing on the stern deck with a stout rod and a shimano bait runner reel. Freespool was necessary to let the fish run with the bait feeling no resistance.
I look forward to many more trips to the north for walleye, pike, bass and lakers but if I could squeeze one more trip to Costa Rico before I kick the bucket, well that's my dream.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:21 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The tank View Post
Mine has always been Budds Gunisao lodge.
I second Budd's on Gunisao Lake!