Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Okuma - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-11-2020, 09:36 AM
Keeper

Default Okuma

It is not often when a company totally surpasses your expectations when it comes to customer service. Well Okuma did just that. When I needed their help they came through with flying colors. I have 6 cold water trolling/line counter reels. These guys work flawlessly including in very cold water. I would suggest you look at Okuma the next time you need a new reel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2020, 10:32 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskeye View Post
It is not often when a company totally surpasses your expectations when it comes to customer service. Well Okuma did just that. When I needed their help they came through with flying colors. I have 6 cold water trolling/line counter reels. These guys work flawlessly including in very cold water. I would suggest you look at Okuma the next time you need a new reel.
That's good to know, I have a couple of Coldwater reels as well.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:40 AM
Slot Fish

Default Okuma Cold Water reels

Got 6 Coldwater linecounters (left hand retrieve). Great reels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2020, 01:19 PM
Wallhanger

I have always used the Okuma coldwater for trolling musky. I started switching my walleye trolling combos over recently as well. They have been flawless and are cheaper then the tekotas. What service did you have done that surpassed your expectations by Okuma?
Old 09-11-2020, 06:11 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskeye View Post
Completely agree. I've used Okumas for fall muskie trolling for years. They just work.
Motorguide Bow Mount
Hummingbird Helix 7
Dual Pro Onboard
Bert's Rod Holders
Custom EZ Loader Trailer
Old 09-14-2020, 07:31 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by egladding View Post
What service did you have done that surpassed your expectations by Okuma?
Ya, this little tidbit would have be helpful...........
Did they help you by tell you how to tie an arbor knot? Or, replace two broken reels that were out of warranty? Or, ????????
Old 09-14-2020, 08:31 AM
Wallhanger

Just to add to the praise. I received a gift 3 years ago an Okuma lightweight smaller spinning reel called the Inspira the body is made of carbon. Very light and balanced.

I have had Shimano spinning reels almost elusively for decades. With Stradics being my favorite balance of price and quality. As of right now my main 6 freshwater spinning reels are 2 stradics and 4 Okuma Inspiras.

After this season I will probably take apart and grease the 3 year old one and I will see how it faired. As of now though, they are all working well. They are great deal too. Smooth casters, great with braid, light, and they look good too..black and blue.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:40 PM
Wallhanger

Okuma coldwaters are OK. Not Tekota quality, but are serviceable as trolling reels(2-303d). I am using for leadcore. I have 6 tekota's of various sizes for over 8 years, so I am familiar with them. JMHO Bob