Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fox River - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 01-21-2021, 09:58 AM
Keeper

Default Fox River

I see a lot of videos on Youtube of folks fishing the Fox River in the spring. I can see the same bridge in many of these videos. Can someone tell me where in the river these videos are taken from? I know people fish down near De Pere in the spring but I think these videos are closer to the mouth of the river.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2021, 10:46 AM
Keeper

The bridge you see is the 172 bridge. In the spring, it’s bumper boats from the 172 all the way up to the dam in DePere.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:58 AM
Minnow

It can get pretty intense with the amount of pressure up by the dam and in sections closer to the Bay. At times you can get away from the crowd, until your net comes out. You have to know going in that you will be interacting with other boats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2021, 01:15 PM
Keeper

Default Fox River

Thanks for the replies. I know from others that down near the **** is crazy to say the least. The videos I've seen showed boats but nothing like what I have heard. I thought they might be closer to the mouth of the bay. Looking forward to try it in late March.
Old 01-29-2021, 12:03 PM
Charter Member

Default Fox River

There are places, especially during the day, where we catch many walleyes other than the community holes. The last several years I've found some big fish staging farnaway from the crowds. Last year we had 75-100 fish trips jigging in the middle of nowhere, with no other boat traffic. Use your fish location skills, alot of water goes unfished.
Capt Jerry Ruffolo
Anglers Plus Guide Service