Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
150 HP Suzuki or 150 HP Yamaha? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-04-2021, 09:02 PM
Wallhanger

Default 150 Suzuki or 150 Yamaha

I have only had a Yamaha, was on my last boat for 8 years and I have to give the engine an A+. I will say this, I wanted another Yamaha for my new boat but with Covid and boat supplies I went with a stock boat with 175 Merc Pro XS. In closing, if you took a vote in Florida the Yamaha would win hands down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2021, 09:47 AM
Wallhanger

I would buy the brand that could be serviced closest to me. They are both great motors but every great motor can sometimes have issues. Most issues might just be operator error and not the motors fault. Either way, you will eventually need service and/or parts. A good service department can make or break your ownership experience.
All things being equal, when you look at all the commercial boats down south, most of them have yamahas hanging on the rear. I think that really says something.

Tags
outboard motors , suzuki 150 , yamaha f150