Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Campion Boats to get some Exposure - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 01-08-2021, 11:11 AM
Wallhanger

They ALL pimp their sponsors products, over the years I've watched all of them push their latest product as the latest, greatest piece of equipment you have to buy.
The only honest one I ever seen was Larry Bolig.

I watch John because he fishes lakes I can reasonably go to, not some resort that's only open 2 months a year and you have to be flown in.
And...I can record his shows and by pass the plugs or his ramblings.
As far as product plugs, I usually just ignore them, even form fishing god Lindner and his bunch, they are all plugging what puts money in their pocket.

I watch how they use that product, that helps much more than buying every little do dad they get free.
It's their business, can't fault them for that, just have to be careful or you end up with more tackle than you'll ever use. Yes, I speak from experience.

100 yards away and your complaining?
I'd be happy if people stayed that far away.

I'd be interested in what percentage of people who actually have to pay for their boats spend a 100k on them?
A break down in who buys what might be interesting.

Al
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2021, 02:32 PM
welll

I would be surprised if Recon makes it very long. IMO he has made some significant marketing mistakes. I suspect he is cutting promotional boats because of their very limited capacity. If you can only turn out 10-20 rigs a year it doesn't make much sense to build 5-7 pro rigs ...and he was providing them for free to use and simply turn in at years end to more than a few of those guys. So the burden of financing and selling a now used boat fell on him. They have not established a real dealer network yet either. If you can't service it it's hard to sell it.

Last spring I requested a quote on a build and never got a response. I hope they hold on as options are always good and the boats looked okay for the price point but if you can't even return a request to potentially purchase.............

Re: Campion , they are already getting what they are looking for re Gillespie. Exposure, people here are talking about the brand right now and it they have not even filmed an episode yet.

EVERY fishing or hunting show is an infomercial. Some are smoother than others on how its done but NOTHING airs based strictly on its content or appeal in that world. Ratings are only relevant in that higher ratings mean a higher ask from the sponsors.
Old 01-09-2021, 02:54 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

With the near demise of Tuffy I also was looking for more from Recon. We will see, without a dealer network it's hard for any brand to grab any market share. Look at Vexus, they have dealers popping up all over. Recon is limited to Wisconsin.
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2021, 10:04 PM
welll

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
With the near demise of Tuffy I also was looking for more from Recon. We will see, without a dealer network it's hard for any brand to grab any market share. Look at Vexus, they have dealers popping up all over. Recon is limited to Wisconsin.

Vexus is getting some (but not enough) traction with dealers. IMO their struggle is that all the top dealers from Ranger are still mostly still with Ranger. This leaves them with less dealers to chose from that are used to selling high end fishing boats. Unfortunately for them they actually did a good job of creating their own competition because the Vexus guys actually built the Ranger dealer network when they were the driving forces at Ranger.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:15 AM
Wallhanger

The ugliest boat I ever seen! If it doesn’t come in a tiller handle, I’m not buying it. Where is John going to put his grill? Maybe they have a Brat-23 model?
Old 01-18-2021, 05:38 AM
Wallhanger

Default Ditto On Bollig

To all of our advantage a vibrant used boat market....and I agree the fishing shows have become more of a informercial. Rarely watch them....Angling Edge and Fishing The Midwest gets me pumped up to go fishing.

Last edited by Gary Korsgaden; 01-18-2021 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:44 AM
Wallhanger

Pete Maina just posted his new Campion on Facebook
Humminbird Helix 12 and Helix 9(x2)
12' Talon
Old 01-18-2021, 12:46 PM
Wallhanger

I just saw his. I think it looks pretty tough!
Old 01-18-2021, 12:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwood View Post
I just saw his. I think it looks pretty tough!
My guess is this is the same hull,,,,

https://www.facebook.com/advancedmar...1806338171566/

HRG
Old 01-18-2021, 02:20 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
My guess is this is the same hull,,,,

https://www.facebook.com/advancedmar...1806338171566/

HRG
That thing looks downright dangerous