Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
EZEE Step Start to finish WOW - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 02-02-2017, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
Three mounting points, actually. The first is its own...the middle step replaces the factory step from Ranger (but doesn't mount the same way the Ranger step does....it's stronger), and the top step is its own mount too.

You would want the grab bar....trust me on that one. Once you go without one, and then add one, you'll ask yourself why the heck you ever wanted to go without one.

And, they are now making a removable grab bar for those long drives down the road, so you wouldn't have to see it in your rearview mirror, if you don't want to.
Juls,

I see that you have the new Ranger middle step to replace the factory one. I worked with Mark on that for mine and Wow, glad to see it being made! You are right, the grab bar is a must, especially for 3 steps. I am entering the Geezer stage of my life and seriously would not have one without although one has to make sure your garage door is lifted high enough! My only regret is that I didn't learn about this product years ago. It's sort of sad to read all the stories of the fear of welds breaking or apparently I will not be able to jackknife my trailer anymore. I don't care how old (or young) you are, these Ezee Steps are definitely one of the best things you can do to your rig to make it more enjoyable.
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2017, 05:33 AM
Wallhanger

I step out onto the trailer frame to winch the boat the last few inches when I'm loading. I just put no slip tape on the trailer frame and have not had a problem but I can see getting the steps at some point as I get older.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:57 AM
Keeper

brigeton , the tape sounds like a helpful idea thanks. I know that 2 inch wide trailer frame on my trailer can get
SLICK when wet . I guess that comes as no surprise to a lot of us that do the dangle and search. Looking for the frame to get in and out of the boat at the ramp . The older I get the more I am looking for easier ways to do a lot
of the things that I have done for years. The EZEE steps I just installed. Really do make it a bunch easier to get in and out of the boat in the garage . And I 'm sure they are going to help a bunch at the ramp . I'm retired now and looking for the easier way in a lot of things .
Tight lines,
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2017, 09:02 AM
Keeper

Well after 2 months and many trips up and down the EZEE steps . I am more convinced that they are a great addition to my rig . I much prefer to get in the boat using them rather then climbing in over the side using the fender or the spare tire as a step . While I'm at the ramp or in the parking lot . Or in the driveway at home for that matter . I did check the tightness of the nuts after towing a couple of times. just to make sure they were still tight . I Sure have had a lot of questions about them . I have even had guys ask to try them . One guy even asked if his wife could try them .
Tight Lines,
Rick
Old 04-03-2017, 11:15 AM
Slot Fish

I should be getting a set of steps for my Lund 1825 Pro Guide soon. Wife and kids have been told. If there's not a set first of June for my Birthday. They will not go fishing again. It used to never bother me. TO step on the bow, then the winch stand and to the trailer. But my back just keeps getting where It does not like moving.
And I just know fliping off the boat onto concrete head first.Will end my fishing and life. These steps should keep me fishing 10 more years. Or until I have my next heart attack.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:29 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Entry steps are the best thing I ever did putting them on my Skeeter.
Remind me what steps you got, Brian. I need to order some.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Keeper

The steps I was talking about are EZEE steps . I know I'm not Brian but I hope that helps . The contact info is in this thread I think. If not PM me and I can get you the info . But don't worry calling Mark is quick and easy .
Tight Lines,
Rick
Old 04-07-2017, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

My new EZEESteps showed up tonight...

The new owners, Robert Barnes and Shawn Werner (pictured below), along with the original owner, Mark Michael, came down to go fishing (on their own), and brought my steps along with them. They stopped by tonight and installed them for me....woot! woot!

Service doesn't get much better than that!

I'm the first customer to sport the new black steps, and the telescoping grab bar. All I can say is they did a FANTASTIC job on these steps.

I think they look pretty darn slick...

Thanks Mark, Robert, and Shawn...I appreciate it very much!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 EZEEStepsIMG_8732.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	252322   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 EZEEStepsIMG_8733.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	252330  
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Old 04-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Wallhanger

Love the telescoping grab bar Juls. I need to call them and see if they can retrofit one to my steps. Thanks for the pics.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Minnow

Default EZEE Steps Fan

After taking delivery of my new Lund 1875 Pro V this winter I decided to invest a little more money in something to help me more safely load/unload my boat by myself - we don't have docks adjacent to the ramps at our lakes. I wanted to eliminate the hanging and/or climbing over the bow/trolling motor when by myself - and possibly winding up face down on the concrete ramp after slipping. And as I move into retirement I have come to the realization that I'm not getting any younger!

After looking around at several options, I decided on the EZEE Steps and they work great. They are high quality, very solid and look great. The customer support is top notch. Thanks Mark, I should have done this 10 years ago on my previous boat!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0119ee1ca590412081ba1cfcc3a67448db51691172.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	252826   Click image for larger version

Name:	017d01b7aed4cee49f51a73bdf42ed15259021f12f.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	252834   Click image for larger version

Name:	01e04ccaf2e7809743d114aab8b05643121c86b8bf.jpg
Views:	503