Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Loadmaster or Trailmaster - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 03-02-2021, 02:53 PM
Minnow

Default Loadmaster or Trailmaster

Looking for a replacement tandem axle trailer and have considered these two. Saw a lot of good things about the Trailmasters on this forum, but little or nothing about the Loadmasters. What are your experiences, good or bad?

Is there a maker of aluminum trailers that would be equal to or better than either of these two?

Looking for longevity and minimal maintenance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2021, 03:31 PM
Minnow

Are you referring to the Loadmaster located in Port Clinton, Oh or one of the others with the same name ?
Old 03-02-2021, 05:46 PM
Wallhanger

I have a 2019 Trailmaster, it’s a great trailer. The dexter hubs they use are simple to maintain and very reliable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2021, 06:49 PM
Wallhanger

Cannot comment on Loadmaster,, but another endoresment for Trailmaster.

Been boating for over 40 years. Many trailers through the years.Trailmasters have been my favorite. Have owned 3,including current one which I have had since 2001 ! If I buy another new boat will definitely be on another Trailmaster !!
Old 03-02-2021, 07:45 PM
Minnow

Default Additional Info

Yes. Loadmaster in Port Clinton.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:50 AM
Minnow

I had Loadmaster build a trailer for an 18 ft Hewescraft and have nothing but positive feelings about the buying experience and the trailer itself. When you buy a trailer there you are working with the owners of the company, not a dealership sales person. You can customize the size of the trailer to your boat and garage and choose every option of the trailer components. They will take you through the shop and show you how their trailers are manufactured from start to finish. When you take delivery of your trailer they spend whatever time necessary to adjust the boat to fit perfectly on the trailer , check the tongue weight and cover the warranty on the trailer and all third party components.Good people, great trailers, you won't be disappointed.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:47 AM
Wallhanger

On my second boat with a TrailMaster and have to say they are well built trailers that I have towed thousands of miles with no issues. On the new trailer, had one of the boat buckle tie downs stop retracting and called TrailMaster. They sent out a new one immediately with a prepaid UPS label to send back the old one. That's the only issue in more than 15 years and they handled it very efficiently.

Marty
Old 03-03-2021, 12:37 PM
Keeper

trailmaster all the way. Great trailer and service.
Old 03-04-2021, 05:18 PM
Wallhanger

how does this work? Do you tell them the model of boat you have and then they get the contours and measurements from the manufacturer? I love the galvanized trailers I see in the salt...
Old 03-04-2021, 05:43 PM
Minnow

If you have the boat they will get all the measurements off the boat. If it's a new boat being built they will get the info from the boat manufacturer.