Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New Merc pro-kicker 15 EFI - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2018, 06:57 PM
Slot Fish

Default New Merc pro-kicker 15 EFI

Well I finally decided on getting a kicker, and went with this option.
Iím getting the tiller handle version power tilt / trim , and you can move the Handle to either side of the kicker, and also adjust it and bolt it down up to 18 degrees (all good)

Suzuki would have been cheaper, but there arenít a bazillion Suzuki shops around but there are merc shops... so I went this way.

The 15 is only 16lbs heavier than the 9.9, but the 15 is EFI, and has enough output to charge things so all good. I go on rivers a good deal (missouri) so having a decent kicker is all good.

After I get it planted, Iíll get an itroll so I can use it for walleye in May - June... and after I guess. I have an ultrex up front to guide it with ipilot link so I should be good to go.

I mention this Incase anyone else is thinking about going this route... Iíll give updates as the motor gets in.

Iím mounting it on the left side because I put a duck blind (beavertail) on the right during the fall so it will equal out the weight distribution factor a bit. The kicker will come in handy with shallow areas I put the boat for ducks.
Traxxis 80lb transom mount
Solix 12 Mega w/ 360
Helix 12 SI up front
Fishing specialties transducer mount
Custom over gunnel bait tray
Beavertail 2200 blind & LED light bars