Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Shimano VS. Daiwa spinning reels - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 10-09-2021, 07:39 AM
Wallhanger

I gave up on Shimano long ago, when they had binding problems (from a bushing swelling when wet). Most due to their lack of warranty fix, and they continue to use the same style bushing in newer models.

I had 8 different reels bind, in 6 different models. No Shimbindo for me ever again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2021, 03:59 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandereye View Post
Same here.
Older Shimano's are solid as can be.
The new ones are not for me, bearing troubles odd sounds etc
And no anti reverse😀 so i stick to my old curados, chronarch, stradics and Lew's baitcasting reels, spinning reels switched to Daiwa.
Hard to beat and...with anti Retour/ reverse
I have been using Shimano's for many years. I like the new ones even better than the old ones.

It's difficult to beat a Vanford: It's a really good light reel.
Old 10-11-2021, 07:27 PM
Minnow

Only use stradic CI14, with a st croix medium rod. Diawa has hands down the best casting reel ,tatula imo..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2021, 08:48 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfish View Post
I gave up on Shimano long ago, when they had binding problems (from a bushing swelling when wet). Most due to their lack of warranty fix, and they continue to use the same style bushing in newer models.

I had 8 different reels bind, in 6 different models. No Shimbindo for me ever again.
I’ve had that happen too! After a rain a couple of my Shimanos kinda seized up. It went away but I couldn’t figure it out. Is there a fix?
Old 10-21-2021, 05:49 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipplinWater View Post
I’ve had that happen too! After a rain a couple of my Shimanos kinda seized up. It went away but I couldn’t figure it out. Is there a fix?
Grind the bushing so that the ID is larger. Super pain in the rear.
Old 11-19-2021, 04:58 PM
Keeper

Mine swelled up and tore the bushing. I have little Shimano 500 that's been smooth as silk. I think I paid $35.00 for it on sale. I wanted two, but they only had the one.
Old 12-04-2021, 02:33 AM
Minnow

I have used both Daiwa and Shimano Reels but mostly I used Daiwa reel from last two and have some good experience with these items Shimano Sienna and Daiwa Tatula LT and Daiwa Bg spinning reels. Daiwa reels are known for having high-quality affordable fishing reels. Their electric reels are very popular when fishing deep and as a kite fishing reel when targeting sailfish. Shimano is a very good fishing brand. The company makes rods, reels, and a variety of accessories. The company, which also produces high-quality bicycle equipment, is most well-known for the best Shimano reels.