Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
L4 200 verado - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-02-2018, 08:26 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycer View Post
the need for 91 octane is the only issue, if it is even one
I usually use 91 anyway, because I can get it without ethanol. I wonder when I'm in Canada if I run out of the fuel I bring for the week, if running 10 gallons of 87 would hurt anything if I needed gas to get back to the ramp. The compression obviously stays the same, so the need for 91 would be for timing advance most likely, and there needs to be a knock sensor that should retard the timing if it is knocking, unless the re-flash disables the factory functions. I would think that it would not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2018, 10:26 AM
brycer867

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl View Post
I usually use 91 anyway, because I can get it without ethanol. I wonder when I'm in Canada if I run out of the fuel I bring for the week, if running 10 gallons of 87 would hurt anything if I needed gas to get back to the ramp. The compression obviously stays the same, so the need for 91 would be for timing advance most likely, and there needs to be a knock sensor that should retard the timing if it is knocking, unless the re-flash disables the factory functions. I would think that it would not.
there is a knock sensor, simons told me 87 would be fine and whipple said it wouldn't. It seemed whipple didn't know piss from paint when I talked to them about timing. I asked why on the website it shows the 135 though 175 verados going to 215hp and the 200 going to 225. the guy on the phone tried telling me it was because the 200 was a 6 cylinder. I said yes I realize that but there are 2 different 200's. He couldn't figure that out so I said your dumb and hung up.