Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Buying a boat, travel??? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2019, 03:42 PM
Wallhanger

I have sold 3 or 4 boats right here on WC well worth the cost to advertise. It certainly hits the right audience!! I had 1 guy drive 12 hours to buy a V1800 Warrior. That was in 2005. He must have liked it as I saw it go through Kovash marine this past summer when he upgraded to a 193. I have also bought 4 off of this sight (3 new, 1 used). Drive times ranged from 20 minutes to 12 hours to make the purchase. If you are looking for specific brands,models, or accessories sometimes traveling is the only way you can get them....new or used.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2019, 03:54 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Having gone thru this earlier this year, here's what I can add. Guys want to see pictures of the lower unit, so remember to take a couple different angles. Also, it just makes sense to be able to start and run it, so figure out how you can accomplish that if it's 15 degrees outside.

If I can be of any help. let me know. HRG
Running it is what I was thinking. That is why I am going to wait till spring. Its been garage kept the whole time I have owned it. Good idea of pics of the lower unit. And like pointed out, when guys see the price of new ones, that may work in my favor.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:29 AM
Smallies & Muskies

Default Traveling

16 hours one way... was lucky and only ran 9 hours one way for my last one
Old 11-22-2019, 08:23 AM
Keeper

Sold my boat 3 yrs ago to a gentleman who drove from Indiana to my place in Minnesota, picked it up and drove away. Payment was made via wire transfer.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:30 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffishman View Post
Just curious, come spring I plan on putting my boat up for sale. Great fishing machine, but older, still looks like new. My question is this, how far would you travel to buy it. I know lots of variables, but lets say it fits your criteria, how far would you drive.
I shopped around locally first then looked at several Walleye boat sites to find my most recent purchase. I was looking for a specific year, model, and brand of motors. I found one at a dealer close to 1,200 miles away. We went back and forth with photos and details till we came up with a final price. Don’t regret it a bit. The boat did need a good cleaning because I’m very meticulous. Would I do it again, absolutely! Good luck on your find.

2014 Ranger Fisherman 621VS
Yamaha outboards
HB Helix 12 and 10
Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb
Old 11-25-2019, 07:13 PM
Smallies & Muskies

Thumbs up Easy choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgoose99 View Post
Sold my boat 3 yrs ago to a gentleman who drove from Indiana to my place in Minnesota, picked it up and drove away. Payment was made via wire transfer.

Wire Transfer = Intelligent, even if you pay for it.

It's truly an easy decision when you know what you want, 2 or 3 day weekend and it's yours.