Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Shuttle Slide - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 08-09-2020, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

Default Shuttle Slide

Anyone have any experience with this product???? Looks to work well for sliding your electric motor back and not have it hang over so far out front of the boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2020, 01:46 PM
Wallhanger

No experience with it but researched it. Why do you want it slid back? The Idea is for putting the cover over the bow without A. removing the motor
or B. getting your cover modified
It looks to be well made if those are your reasons. Bob
Note: some needed to have it back to clear their trailer bow roller.

Last edited by Ozark Bob; 08-09-2020 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:25 PM
Minnow

Default Slide

I installed one after breaking skids off twice on the front roller on steep ramps. Works as billed, no problems after 5 years except one bent skid. Only 6 inches of travel and I need about 8.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2020, 07:31 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodle View Post
I installed one after breaking skids off twice on the front roller on steep ramps. Works as billed, no problems after 5 years except one bent skid. Only 6 inches of travel and I need about 8.
I thought about buying one and didn't because of the overall thickness of the slide. I felt it would take away from my usable length of my trolling motor when deployed.

I did lean when I contacted the company they do customize these slides to fit most needs. In your case needing the additional 2 inches of slide is something they will do.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:19 AM
Charter Member

I've used a Minnkota slide on my last couple boats. Works well. No more trolling motor banging on the roller when launching and I gain several inches when garaging where I have a tight fit.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:39 AM
Charter Member

https://www.amazon.com/ShuttleSlide-.../dp/B07D81PLZS

If you like the product, an observation of the product indicates that it is extremely well made.

With the use of the hpdi material for the sliding surface, the unit should work very very well for a very long time.

If I had a need for such a product, the unit would certainly be high on my list for purchase consideration.

Best wishes.