Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
LOTW resort recommendations - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 02-10-2019, 02:31 PM
Slot Fish

Default LOTW resort recommendations

Group of 4 looking to fish LOTWs and we'd like to stay at a resort that offers ice fishing packages.
i am looking at Riverbend resort and Zipple bay. I really have no idea on one versus the other. I'm looking for advice or recommendations. Planning on the first part of March.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2019, 03:44 PM
Wallhanger

Take a look at Sunset Lodge up on the NW Angle. I like the one day MN for walleyes and one day Ontario for crappies package. They're now offering 50% off for 2 night mid-week deals.

http://www.sunsetlodgeresort.com/winter-rates.html

I just got back from Zippel Bay. We stayed in a sleeper but the cabins and restaurant/bar at the lodge looked nice. The Zippel Bay Igloo bar out on the lake was fun. You can have a drink, pizza etc and fish at your table.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4155.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	457.4 KB
ID:	307224   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4161.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	492.3 KB
ID:	307226  
Old 02-13-2019, 05:28 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoeguy View Post
Take a look at Sunset Lodge up on the NW Angle. I like the one day MN for walleyes and one day Ontario for crappies package. They're now offering 50% off for 2 night mid-week deals.

http://www.sunsetlodgeresort.com/winter-rates.html

I just got back from Zippel Bay. We stayed in a sleeper but the cabins and restaurant/bar at the lodge looked nice. The Zippel Bay Igloo bar out on the lake was fun. You can have a drink, pizza etc and fish at your table.

Zippel Bay sleepers are horrible, I'd go to Arnesons
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2019, 06:31 PM
Slot Fish

That's for the advice and suggestions. I ended up booking 3 days with Riverbend Resort? Hope it's a good experience.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:52 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddemon2 View Post
Zippel Bay sleepers are horrible, I'd go to Arnesons
Not sure when reddemon2 was there but our sleeper at Zippel Bay was great! Fishing was slow but the sleeper house was great. Couldn't have been better. i've seen a couple different versions of the houses on youtube videos. We went with another couple and had a great time playing cards at night. It was my wife's first time ice fishing so we went for the experience more than the fishing.

Sdwalleye621, have a fun trip at River Bend's and let us know how you liked it!
Old 02-14-2019, 06:00 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Not sure when reddemon2 was there but our sleeper at Zippel Bay was great! Fishing was slow but the sleeper house was great. Couldn't have been better. i've seen a couple different versions of the houses on youtube videos. We went with another couple and had a great time playing cards at night. It was my wife's first time ice fishing so we went for the experience more than the fishing.

I heard a rumor that you may have gone on this trip with Breezy Point. If true, I couldn't imagine being stuck in a shanty with him for any length of time when it is -20 outside. It is tough enough to be stuck with him in boat for a few hours knowing that you could at least swim back to the lodge if things got too bad.

I must have a sensitive and sadistic side to me as I'm going to punish myself again and fish with Breezy at VBL and put up with VBay Gord's constant harassment about mysterious things that happen around camp during the week.

PjShorthorn
Old 02-14-2019, 06:35 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshorthorn View Post
I heard a rumor that you may have gone on this trip with Breezy Point. If true, I couldn't imagine being stuck in a shanty with him for any length of time when it is -20 outside. It is tough enough to be stuck with him in boat for a few hours knowing that you could at least swim back to the lodge if things got too bad.

I must have a sensitive and sadistic side to me as I'm going to punish myself again and fish with Breezy at VBL and put up with VBay Gord's constant harassment about mysterious things that happen around camp during the week.

PjShorthorn
It wasn't this trip but an earlier one this year. I tried to keep BreezyPoint in the other house but they kicked him out. You're right, it was -20 so we let him take shelter with us for a while before sending him back. You and VBay Gord are to be commended for your patience!
Old 02-14-2019, 07:39 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
It wasn't this trip but an earlier one this year. I tried to keep BreezyPoint in the other house but they kicked him out. You're right, it was -20 so we let him take shelter with us for a while before sending him back. You and VBay Gord are to be commended for your patience!
Hehehehe !!!!! Valium helps......to keep him under control that is.

PjShorthorn
Old 02-14-2019, 07:54 AM
Minnow

Quote:

It was 4 yrs ago, Either we got a crappy one or they upgraded all their sleepers
Old 02-22-2019, 04:34 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwalleye621 View Post
That's for the advice and suggestions. I ended up booking 3 days with Riverbend Resort? Hope it's a good experience.
just got back from Riverbend this weekend. I think you'll like it, great bar and food