Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New Boat Length Overall WRONG - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 10-15-2020, 03:33 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
Michigan's PFD law permits a vessel that is less than 16 feet long, or is a canoe or kayak, to choose to have either a wearable PFD (Type I, II, or III) or a throwable device (Type IV) for each person on board.
Don't wear a PFD in the drift boat, even in winter. Of course we have the throwable but you can't imagine how hard it would be to capsize And with the high sides even falling out is hard to imagine. The only time I wear a PFD in the canoe is duck season when the water is very cold and I'm wearing a lot of clothes. That's also about the only time I'm in the canoe anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2020, 03:41 PM
Wallhanger

I dropped that in here to let some know the regulation makes some sense. It is tough to paddle with a PFD, but there is still a requirement for a float cushion per occupant. Bob
Old 10-15-2020, 04:21 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
Actually it's the WIDTH of my rig that is my biggest concern. The trailer width at the tires is 102" that I must squeeze thru a 105.75" garage door opening and I must use the truck to do it because of the slight up hill grade into the garage. But now I have a great system to "Get 'R Done" . . .
L
I have a similar issue real tight opening, what's your system. My warehouse has two posts one on each side of the door I have around 50' in length but due to the way the parking lot is I have to pull in on apron and out the other onto the street to get it straight and line up with the posts but with impatient traffic (road is a frontage road off the highway exit) I have one chance to get it lined up or a redo. During the day its not to bad but when I come at night hard to see my lineup point. Was thinking about painting stripes on the blacktop. I also have to use two ramps I built because who ever built the building set the over head door 4+" higher than the parking lot. Then door closes to the lot but when you open it has a 4 1/2 inch rise to top of the slab.
mega 360
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 10-15-2020, 08:45 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbheli View Post
I have a similar issue real tight opening, what's your system. My warehouse has two posts one on each side of the door I have around 50' in length but due to the way the parking lot is I have to pull in on apron and out the other onto the street to get it straight and line up with the posts but with impatient traffic (road is a frontage road off the highway exit) I have one chance to get it lined up or a redo. During the day its not to bad but when I come at night hard to see my lineup point. Was thinking about painting stripes on the blacktop. I also have to use two ramps I built because who ever built the building set the over head door 4+" higher than the parking lot. Then door closes to the lot but when you open it has a 4 1/2 inch rise to top of the slab.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:50 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Ya, you need a different warehouse.
That would mean I could get a bigger boat!
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 10-15-2020, 09:09 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Absolutely, with a new truck to pull it! I mean whats the sense of getting a warehouse with drive through doors if you don't use them?
Old 10-16-2020, 05:02 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbheli View Post
I have a similar issue real tight opening, what's your system.
Scroll back up to my other Post #35 and it explains it all.

Bob
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 10-16-2020, 05:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Absolutely, with a new truck to pull it! I mean whats the sense of getting a warehouse with drive through doors if you don't use them?
Haven't you caused enough damage? Look at what you've cost C&K with that trike thread,,,,,

HRG
Old 10-16-2020, 11:12 PM
Wallhanger

Just remember, it's not the size of the boat that matters, it's the motion of the ocean.