Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Article on Clarks’s, “We’re in tough shape” - Page 6 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 07-29-2020, 12:52 PM
Minnow

Default Long Term View

No judging or begrudging anyone, everyone has valid points. I have a fairly large deposit with them.

My view is more long term, I have never seen a situation quite like this. The alternative is, if Clark's folds, I not only lose my deposit, I lose my my timeslot on my favorite lake, along with the other 7 guys that fish with me. I hope (God willing) to fish there another 10 years. $300 over 10 years is okay for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2020, 12:57 PM
Slot Fish

Default clarks post

will someone pm me the clark post
Old 07-29-2020, 02:34 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=5richards;6469010]will someone pm me the clark post[/QUOTE]It was garbage and trying to get people to feel sorry for them. This whole 20 months with no income thing is a lie.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2020, 08:12 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=wallypod;6469006]No judging or begrudging anyone, everyone has valid points. I have a fairly large deposit with them.

My view is more long term, I have never seen a situation quite like this. The alternative is, if Clark's folds, I not only lose my deposit, I lose my my timeslot on my favorite lake, along with the other 7 guys that fish with me. I hope (God willing) to fish there another 10 years. $300 over 10 years is okay for me.[/QUOTE]

Based on the dollar amount you mention it sounds like a fly in trip. Out of curiosity, which lake do you have your reservation in for?
Old 07-30-2020, 07:39 AM
Wallhanger

Although I agree that it is wrong for any lodge or outfitter to keep deposits, in the long run I doubt it will make a huge difference in their business. Those of you principled folks who will never go back to Clarks and never recommend them to anyone else will be pushed aside by those who don't give a rats arse that you lost a few hundred bucks. The replacements will want to fish those lakes and use the Clark facilities to do it, just the way you did in the past. I'm not saying that's okay, it's just the way it is.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:00 AM
Keeper

[QUOTE=Mojo-NC;6469278]Although I agree that it is wrong for any lodge or outfitter to keep deposits, in the long run I doubt it will make a huge difference in their business. Those of you principled folks who will never go back to Clarks and never recommend them to anyone else will be pushed aside by those who don't give a rats arse that you lost a few hundred bucks. The replacements will want to fish those lakes and use the Clark facilities to do it, just the way you did in the past. I'm not saying that's okay, it's just the way it is.[/QUOTE]

Reputation matters. This is especially true in an era where online reviews of businesses are so readily available. Have you ever stayed at a resort or outpost without doing cursory research via Google? Anyone Googling Clark's will now see low ratings from Google, Trip Advisor and MyCanadaFishingTrip.com on the first page of search results. If I'm a trip leader responsible for planning a trip and rounding up the group and everyone's deposits, you better believe I'm looking elsewhere. There are too many other outfitters and lakes out there.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:22 AM
Slot Fish

Clark's is getting beat up on the mycanada fishing trip site.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:41 AM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=ackvil;6469352]Clark's is getting beat up on the mycanada fishing trip site.[/QUOTE]

Well deserved. Rather than contacting their customers and saying they were in a tough position, and please bear with them till things got straightened out. They pretty much said " Read our contract, and kiss your deposit goodbye."
Old 07-30-2020, 11:49 AM
Keeper

Mycanadafishingtrip reviews show $1,800, $1,200, and $1,200 deposits taken. Some get on this site and talk of a few hundred bucks like it is small change.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:00 PM
Minnow

The camp I return to every year has had 3 owners over the last 20+ years, Clark's is by far the best. This camp is like another home for me, something I look forward to all year. My "other" trips I bounce around to different lakes and resorts. I know the Clarks, and they aren't driving Range Rovers or own islands in the Caymans. They are honest, hard working, salt of the earth folks. I owe them for the great times I have every year. If they are in trouble, I have no problem helping out. This is an unexpected expense just like when your well pump fails at your own cabin but on a much smaller scale.

I would really like to hear on this forum from other actual Clark customers. It seems the loudest most indignant comments are from those who have no first hand knowledge of the Clarks or the services they offer. It would be difficult for me to disparage people I don't know, I leave that to those on Facebook.