Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Article on Clarks’s, “We’re in tough shape” - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 07-22-2020, 07:52 AM
Minnow

Default Article on Clarks’s, “We’re in tough shape”

[url]https://www.drydennow.com/local/we-re-in-tough-shape-outfitter[/url]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2020, 09:03 AM
Wallhanger

Default All the fisherman down here feel for the camps, becusee we love to go there

But so far on the deposit and rollover thread this is the Only one doing ZERO! fact, not bashing or name calling, it is what it is!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2020, 10:10 AM
Wallhanger

Good article and I wish Clark’s would have mentioned that they are in a tough position and had to forfeit deposits of customers with no carryover to the next years that could impact their future business down the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2020, 04:23 PM
Wallhanger

Default Clarks

Ok, Not that anybody cares for my opinion but I have never been to Clark's and don't see how they are any worse off that all the other camps in Canada unless it is of their own doing by something in their business model. I have always driven right on by and will continue to do so for the rest of my life. Just my opinion. I tried to get home in time for their letter knowing it wouldn't last long but failed so here it is on this one. Later, Jay
Old 07-22-2020, 06:22 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE][I]"Yes, we have grown very fast in the past 10 years, especially with the Outposts, having started off with Bertrand Lake, and we now have 30 lakes. This year would have been our best season in history, with most of our Outposts booked. I wonder in the history of the Outpost Industry if anyone has grown this fast"[/I] - Wayne Clark[/QUOTE]

Reading between the lines, I'd guess that Clark's is probably hurting more than most because they took on massive debt to fund their expansion. If that's the case, admitting a mistake was made along the way will garner a lot more sympathy than boasting that no one has ever grown as fast. That sort of rhetoric sounds oddly familiar to someone else who isn't doing too well at the moment. Humility goes a long way.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:25 PM
Wallhanger

What happened to Clark’s thread? It was from them personally. One would think that it would stick around. Hmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2020, 06:34 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=WallyWarrior;6466818]What happened to Clark’s thread? It was from them personally. One would think that it would stick around. Hmm.
[/QUOTE]

You mean their ad? It's gone like so many of the other posts these days. I wonder if anyone happened to save their original post for posterity sake :howdy:
Old 07-22-2020, 07:25 PM
Wallhanger

Default It's the only way

[QUOTE=BrianinVA;6466824]You mean their ad? It's gone like so many of the other posts these days. I wonder if anyone happened to save their original post for posterity sake :howdy:[/QUOTE]

As soon as you see them or post them copy it or too bad!
Old 07-23-2020, 06:40 AM
Wallhanger

Howdy,

Speaking only for myself, I am very much looking forward to buying one of their cabins for pennies on the dollar once they go bankrupt.

Normally I'm not into vulture capitalism, but in this case I will make a very eager exception.

Take care,

Ruddiger
Old 07-23-2020, 06:57 AM
Wallhanger

Default Rudy Rudy Rudy

Put me in Coach !