Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Electric Ice Augers - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 11-13-2017, 04:54 AM
Wallhanger

Ive had the 8" K-drill for 4+years now, cant remember exactly, and love it! I use the Milwaukee 18vt brushless and have had that in for service last spring. Not sure if it was from drilling holes in the ice or other uses. Once the ice hits 14"+ I switch out to my Strikemaster which is heavier but the same or less work to drill a bunch of holes. I normally cut 30-100 holes a day. I like the K-Drill so much that I just purchased the 6" to use when the ice does get over 14" and in the spring when the ice is softer and chasing pan fish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2017, 06:34 AM
Slot Fish

I use the 20v porter cable with the 2 ah battery, very light setup, I can drill around 50 holes in a day on 1 ft of ice. I have a second battery but never have to use it. One thing I can say is I do like the smaller battery as I put it in a pocket on my bibs to keep warm that way when I go to use it again it's got good power already.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:47 AM
Wallhanger

I leaning towards the ION X with the 10 inch blade and getting an 8 inch as well. By march we are putting on extensions on the augers so the smaller size would be better. Then a second battery down the road.
Terrova w-Link
Old 11-25-2017, 07:05 AM
Slot Fish

I have used an ion 1 time, drilling around 30 holes. I can say it is much nicer drilling holes with than my gas auger was, it is much lighter than my gas, but about 3 times heavier than my drill setup, it is lithium ion like my drill, so when the battery gets cold it loses a lot of power, and the battery does not fit in a pocket as well as my drill battery. I will be looking into getting a k-drill auger or nils master for my drill this year, and I would suggest you look into it if you haven't already.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:42 AM
eyeowa guest

Default ryobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenW View Post
Looking at the Clam 8" drill/auger combo.

While normally a Dewalt guy, I'm wondering about the Rigid
18-Volt Gen5X Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2 in. Brushless Compact Drill/Driver Kit with (2) 1/5Ah Batteries, Charger and Bag
Like the idea of free batteries and service for life with registration.

Assuming registration is not buying a service contract.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Al
I have this same drill package with a 6" kdrill. works great! probably 20 holes or more per battery.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:08 AM
Keeper

LOVE my 7.5" k-drill with the Milwaukee M18fuel. Used for the first time last week on Big Manistique in Michigan's U.P. Cut thru 14"-16" in ice in less than 15 seconds and cut 35-40 holes with power to spare on same battery. Well worth the investment if you wife also goes ice fishing. My wife handled the unit with ease, she cut holes for the first time in 45 years.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:34 AM
Wallhanger

I hope I don't have to do it again until December, but I carry 2 20 volt Dewalt batteries in my insulated worm container along with a couple of activated handwarmers. I don't have to dig thru my coat pockets and have not needed to use the second battery drilling 8' holes in 6-12" of ice.