Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
gps mapping for lake erie and lake ontario useful? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 06-19-2003, 07:31 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: gps mapping for lake erie and lake ontario useful?

I have a lowrance x-16 with the navionics xl map of lake erie and I could not be more pleased with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2003, 11:15 AM
jl

Default RE: gps mapping for lake erie and lake ontario useful?

I shopped Garmins hard last year. I ended up going with a 210 which was discontinued in 2001. My 2001 West Marine catalog showed that they sold for $1200. I couple guys were selling them off on e-bay last year and you could get one for $400-500 new depnding on your patience level. I bought the lake erie G-chart which was replaced by the blue chart and love it. The chart is very detailed. I typically spend 4 days a week on Lake Erie and it has taught me a lot. I also bought the northern lake michigan chart and it was a complete waste of money. Great detail of the harbors. Only depths up to 35 feet on the big lake. Not much use for Salmon fishing.

The 210 has a very large screen and all the features except WAAS. You can compare them to the 182 on Garmin's web site.

There is a guy that has a couple of g-charts for sale very cheap on the swap board if you search back. He has been trying to sell them for a long time, I'm sure you can find the post.

Just something to think about.