Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
...try not to cry when you catch the small eyes - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 07-21-2012, 07:13 AM
Minnow

Default ...try not to cry when you catch the small eyes

...like...hiya all...i was born and raised in Wyo. ...so i can and will ragg on the desert plains...even more now that i have lived in Mi. for 10yrs... having read the posts from Wy. i am stunned and bummed~out for you guys...i have fished the resiviors there...36yrs worth and...its ok i guess..butt....IF you dare dont be scare of coming to Mi...more like the St.Clair river...talk about EASY to catch the aggressive fins...little fuel use with my boat...since we do what i call ripping...anchor the boat i like about 20' down, use short STIFF rods of 42" long and i have diawa accudepth reels 30# main...line counters rock..!...then piggy~back up to 3 minnow bait...(i use only 2)...leads length of your choice...( i use 3-5')...and 20# leads on the baits..bottom contact is CRUCIAL through the rip 3way usage is the gigg...
may sound a bit heavy...though one must remember there are MONSTER fish here...i can and usually do bag out on the walleye i can casually catch the 6-8# fish when i go "log hunting" i catch them from ice out to ice in... and it is one of THE walleye fisheries in the country...
any way you want to catch works...crawlers...troll...cast....so easy to catch bag limits...so plan to bring your boating and dont be scroting...spring time is the fastest rip action...my friend and i have both bagged~out in less than an hr...and handled multiple logs...not including the culling we did...lots of places to stay and you will catch about every time you go out...
though most of us have 100's of minnow baits to rip with...though the fave's work "decent" went out tues july 17 we only got 8 out of the water...missed a few...at 1st i wasnt meaning it kept changing my baits...but i got~down and caught...
so like...if you have the machene...the mean$ and time...St.Clair river ROCKS YOUR SOCKS...!!!...then you would have had a vicious time with the aggressive ones....of course...you can always stay in Wy. and fight the Colorado butts and catch the pudly eyes...
the action here lays YOU out so...enjoy...if you can...the dried up desert plains and stay away from...the EASIEST walleye catching known to happen....not my words...words from the dnr and different "pros" that i have talked with...

St.Clair river baby....!!!!
how you like me now....fish....????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Charter Member

Thumbs up Enjoyed your post. . .

As one who currently lives in north-central Wyo, I understand where you are coming from. However, in my case at least, the "easiest" way to catch 'eyes is probably not to drive to the St. Clair River, or to relocate.

It's fairly apparent from your message that you are extremely happy with your move. I sincerely congratulate you!

Afterthought: You probably are aware that many Michiganders have relocated to Wyoming-North Dakota-Montana for any number of reasons (primarily job opportunities, I believe).

Last edited by eyewinder; 07-21-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewinder View Post
As one who currently lives in north-central Wyo, I understand where you are coming from. However, in my case at least, the "easiest" way to catch 'eyes is probably not to drive to the St. Clair River, or to relocate.

It's fairly apparent from your message that you are extremely happy with your move. I sincerely congratulate you!

Afterthought: You probably are aware that many Michiganders have relocated to Wyoming-North Dakota-Montana for any number of reasons (primarily job opportunities, I believe).
I am glad you figured out what he was was saying. Like hey ya know what I mean? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Minnow

Talking ...back at ya homeland...

...like...thank~you for the reply...and glad that you understand my plight with the desert plains...
i have seen the steady exodus from here in Mi. to the west world...actually i have been asked bout the jobs there i know a few who have gone to Wy.
there are things i miss about my homeland...just that once the big water is in you hard to dry it up
i do understand that most people wouldnt find it "the easiest" to travel such distance to just catch and that you and others like yourself have to catch the aggressive fins where you can...as i did when i lived there...so i know what it is like to almost "force yourself" to catch them although i can say i did harvest a 10 from grey rocks so i am aware that they are planted to catch...
a pleasure to read an intelligent response...hope that you catch the eyes and have an enjoyable time this summer... stay safe from the fire danger.....by chance you ever get to see the big blue and get to catch you will love it maybe not for a living as i have but for a little while...tis' a sight to behold...like imagine blue as far as you can see...instead of the desert plains...(the smell of the mts STILL makes me homesick)
have a good one there homeland and let the eyes shine on you...