Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Joining the new boat club - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-15-2021, 04:07 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJC305 View Post
I had asked about getting a trailmaster or roller, but was told the shorelandr was already ordered for it, so I had to take it. Got a fair deal and will have a boat this year instead of next year. Have to make the best of it and get this thing rigged out.
Once I added the quickloads and the ez-step the trailer was fine. Getting the trailer nice and centered and not touching the wheel wells was a PITA before the quickloads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2021, 04:57 PM
Wallhanger

I added roller guides about two feet in front of the wheels on my Trailmaster trailer, they center my Impact just fine.

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/ce-s...yABEgIdp_D_BwE
Old 03-15-2021, 05:22 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Mag View Post
I added roller guides about two feet in front of the wheels on my Trailmaster trailer, they center my Impact just fine.

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/ce-s...yABEgIdp_D_BwE
Shorlandr actually sells loading guides like that for the Impact trailers, problem is even when you have them in the narrowest position it's still too wide to center the boat and keep it away from the wheel wells. You can really tell this trailer is in no way actually designed for an 1875 Impact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2021, 06:26 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
Shorlandr actually sells loading guides like that for the Impact trailers, problem is even when you have them in the narrowest position it's still too wide to center the boat and keep it away from the wheel wells. You can really tell this trailer is in no way actually designed for an 1875 Impact.
Similar problem with the Trailmaster except the bunk style guide ons are welded in place, you canít adjust them. It was difficult to center the boat on the trailer until I added the roller guides. I just bought a Drotto so loading and unloading should be very simple now.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:37 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Mag View Post
Similar problem with the Trailmaster except the bunk style guide ons are welded in place, you can’t adjust them. It was difficult to center the boat on the trailer until I added the roller guides. I just bought a Drotto so loading and unloading should be very simple now.
A shim on the back side (1x4 or marine plywood strip.... whatever you need) of the bunk guide will let you narrow the gap!

Marty
Old 03-15-2021, 06:45 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty59 View Post
A shim on the back side (1x4 or marine plywood strip.... whatever you need) of the bunk guide will let you narrow the gap!

Marty
Good idea, thanks
Old 03-16-2021, 10:38 AM
Keeper

I bought a new 1875 crossover last season, if I had it to do over I would have ordered it with a good SS prop from the get go. The black max prop is awful.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:26 AM
Minnow

Update:
Iíve been steadily acquiring most of the stuff I want to put in the boat, while biting at the bit for itís arrival. I ended up going with (2) Sportsman series dual-pros instead of the pro series. I also managed to get a Helix 9 Mega SI G4N from Scheels, so now Iím waiting for another to come in stock or maybe Iíll settle for a 7Ē DI CHO. Next on the list is a Duracell AGM G27 for the electronics and a Garmin vivid 5cv for the TM. Iím going to connect it all with Ancor 10-2 AWG safety duplex. Due to timing, Iíll probably have my dealer install most of it so that I can get everything tested before heading out to Devilís in July.

Iíve had a few bumps along the road also. Hodges Marine never shipped the fuse box with my big order, but after a call they apologized for their mistake and shipped it out to me. Cisco mounts are on a 7-8 week backorder due to aluminum shortage, so those are still an unknown on when Iíll get them.

Lastly, was the Trailer Tux. Bob was easy to work with and get the order made. UPS on the other hand, clearly tossed the box and bent (2) frame brackets and cracked one of the welds. I called Bob back and he said to have a local guy fix it and deduct it from the price. I also wish Bob would have done the backside of the brackets also. Iím sure they would have held-up, but thatís the perfectionist in me and wanting it strong. I dropped the whole set off last week and here are a few pictures of UPS crack and the welder fixing them/adding to the backside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Weld.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	468.7 KB
ID:	325966   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bracket.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	325968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fixed.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	325970  
Helix 9 MSI G4N
Helix 7 MDI G3N
Old 04-27-2021, 12:14 PM
Keeper

Looks like Bob should hire your welder.
Heritage Custom Bunk-Torsion Axle w/Valt hubs
Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Longbed 8spd. or 2016 Winnebago 38Q
Old 06-17-2021, 09:12 AM
Minnow

Finally got the first picture of the boat with them still rigging stuff. Looks like it came with all three pro-ride seats, which is great considering the recall. I take ownership on Saturday and will post a picture of the finished product when its all done with trailer tux installed.

Here's what they gave me for now:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boat1b.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	327210   Click image for larger version

Name:	Boat2b.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	327212  
Helix 9 MSI G4N