Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
kicker to main motor - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 12-03-2008, 06:24 AM
Minnow

Default kicker to main motor

i have a 06 lund 1800 se with a 175 opti. i recently purchased a 9.9 pro kicker for it. i want to mount it on the starboard side "drivers" The kicker is a tiller style. The reason i want it there is so the side wall of the lunds on a right turn. Can i hook this motor to the main motr if i want to . Freinds use the panther connector but the all have steering cable and their kickers re on port side. What i want id to be able to connect the arm and steer from my counsel and if i want to use my tiller have that option also, with me mounting this on starboard side does anybody know what kind of connecting rod i need? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Keeper

Default reply

I am in the same predicament as you right now. With my previous setup I had a pre-bent steel rod with threads in both ends that had ball joints screwed in. This bar was attached to the bracket in front of both motors. The only problem was that I couldn't remove it without unscrewing both ends. I am looking at putting something together now using parts such as this: http://www.directindustry.com/prod/m...16-318575.html
Old 12-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Charter Member

You can go to your Merc dealer, and get two brackets. One bolts to the fron of the main motor, and one bolts to the front of the Pro Kicker. Clean install this way, and no interference issues with the steering cable. You will have to bend the Goldeneye steering rod and cut to length for full travel.