Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
TRITON New 20 ft Boat Announcement end of July - Page 10 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-25-2016, 06:14 AM
Wallhanger

Default triton

No I haven't put the cover on yet but it should be the same as our 192 was ratchets in back strap in the middle.I love the boat it is a fishing first FS .Very solid boat I love that rubber matt flooring .The latches are solid lots of rod storage tandem axle trailer.And my favorite thing the v rod awesome motor big up grade from my 175 opti good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2016, 09:20 AM
Minnow

Default Leaking rear compartment.

I have a 4 month old 206 fishunter and rear port storage bid fills with water every time it rains. I have had the boat parked on the water in Canada for a week and it rained 5 days and had water everyday. This week sat in driveway at cottage and got hit twice with storms and both days water was there. No other compartments are wet at all. It is not running down from the top, the battery charger is in there and sometimes 2 inches of water are in there .It also doesnt drain out for crap. I have to use a sponge. Has anyone else had issues like this with and fiberglass boats. only thing ican think is battery charger was screwed to the floor of the compartment and holes were created that allow water up from hull. Auto bilge works so I don't understand how I actually get enough water in there in the first place to get up to the bottom of the compartments. Unless the closed cell foam is directing water towards those screw hole under the compartment. . Any advice , I am calling triton today.
Otherwise love the boat, fishability is awesome and handling waves while driving is 100X better then my old alum. Lund.

Last edited by falkopat; 07-25-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:28 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkopat View Post
I have a 4 month old 206 fishunter and rear port storage bid fills with water every time it rains. It is not running down from the top, the battery charger is in there and sometimes 2 inches of water are in there .It also doesnt drain out for crap. I have to use a sponge. Has anyone else had issues like this with and fiberglass boats. only thing ican think is battery charger was screwed to the floor of the compartment and holes were created that allow water up from hull. Auto bilge works so I don't understand how I actually get enough water in there in the first place to get up to the bottom of the compartments.. Any advice , I am calling triton today.
The seal around the livewell probably needs to be swapped out. Also, there should be a hole in the corner when you lift your lid to the storage compartment. Make sure that is cleaned out. That should drain the water from the top. Mine was full of gunk. Once I did that it was much better. Definitely get the seal on your livewell replaced though. That is a known issue with the earlier ones.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:30 AM
Keeper

The cover is really easy to put on. Two tie down straps on the back and two straps that go underneath the boat.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:05 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks for the info on the cover. Sounds simple which is a great thing.

As for the draining, the back of my Ranger floor only drains in the center of the boat. Often water piles up in the corners of the floor and never drains. Triton looks like they corrected that with drainage on both rear corners....awesome!

Not sure why water would be getting into that compartment - is the cover on or off? I was hoping to be able to use those as dry storage as well.

BTW - I have noticed on a few that they didn't mount the charger in the floor with the 3 batteries ---I dont get it. However yesterday I did find a pic from one that is for sale in Canada where they did mount it with the batteries, showing that it can be done and its just up to the person rigging the boat.
Motorguide
Lowrance
Old 07-30-2016, 08:05 AM
Wallhanger

Default triton 206

Well guy's I switched out the 5 blade for the 4 blade bravo . I really like the 5b the bravo is faster and has more lift I did 62 on a small choppy crowded lake.I am thinking of 63 64 on a real good day Maybe I might have the bravo worked at DAH this winter?? If you want your boat rigged right and have the right prop 1st time go to the BOAT DOC Josh has this hull dialed in.And Triton nailed it with this hull good luck
Old 08-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Keeper

Have you tried a tempest plus at all?
Old 08-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Keeper

I tried the Tempest. You get the speed but the hole shot is lacking.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:14 AM
Minnow

Default 206

Turtle Chain,
What pitch Bravo did you end up going with? I am currently running a 22 pitch Tempest Plus on my 206, and like the top end just not the hole shot. Thanks
Old 08-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Keeper

We're running 24's.