Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
UGuide SD - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Small Game and Birds

Old 11-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Keeper

Default UGuide SD

My hunting buddies and I have decided to go to the motherland for pheasants and were wondering if anyone had used this outfit before. If so is one of the nine ranches better than the other.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Charter Member

Can't give you first hand experience but "know" the owner through another message board and from what i can tell seems like a pretty stand up guy. I would just call him and talk to him. He would be the best one to answer which farm might be best based on number of dogs, type of dog and time of year you are looking at. Good luck on your hunt. Been a few years since i've been to SD but can tell you there is nothing like it for pheasants!

Matt D
Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Keeper

I have looked at Uguide through the eyes of an experienced SD pheasant hunter, though I have NOT ever hunted with Uguide. Gut level? Looks like a darn good option for you. I would do the following: As suggested, talk to the head honcho; read the descriptions of the various sites he has and PAY ATTENTION to the number of acres available for your group...this is key, more the better; look at his chart on availability and remember that he wants to fill up dates that are maybe not so popular...not a criticism, that's just good business; You are making an absolutely great decision by going pheasant hunting in SD. The experience is out of this world. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Wallhanger

Based on the areas they cover I would consider these 3 areas in the priority order they are listed.
Hyde County
Faulk County
Edmunds County

I travel these areas almost daily and can attest for the number of birds I see regularly compared to other locations.
Also check out the GFP road counts and you should find the counts per mile are strongest in these areas also.
UguideSD advertisments say they rely on native birds and I didn't see where they do any supplimental planting.

Get some of them out of my way will ya? ... They cost me at least one windshield a year ... already got a 3 day limit with my suburban so far this year .... The truck looks like a good SD woman ... some minor wrinkles and a little hail damage but you couldn't ask for anything more dependable.

Morton
Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Wallhanger

Default Unguided

I been with uguide several trips and we are booked again next year, uguide may or may not be for you, all camps are not created equal
If you are first timers I would suggest more of a fully guided trip to maximize your time there, uguide is more of a self guided deal