Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Welcome to The Home Grown Tackle Forum! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Home Grown Tackle > HGT General Discussion

Old 05-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Philadelphia PA Suburbs/The mighty Delaware/A dirty beach in Jersey
Default Welcome to The Home Grown Tackle Forum!

Hey all of you tackle junkies we now have a place to call our own!!

I want to start out by posting something special for all of you HGT posters tackle builders and home grown tackle junkies------------------

I want to have a HGT Tournament!!!

The basic rules are the fish has to be caught on something hand made!No store bought mass produced Chinese Tackle!(Unless you live in china and you or someone you know made it)

I was thinking we have some options on how to run this thing!

1)Home made tackle only!A picture of the homemade tackle,and a picture of the fish( any species??) is to be posted in the HGT tournament Thread.Each post will receive a number.At the end of the stated time period we will do a random generated number pick and they will be the winner!!!Their tackle will be my avatar until the next tournament is over and we have a new winner.The winner will get to be the top dog of HGT while they reign!The winner will be entitled to host a HGT chat and pick the topic!I will go on and on about how great the winner is!!!

Or we could all send in 1 piece of our HGT that we make and the winner could walk with all of our HGT swag!!!

Please HGT posters post up let me know what you think!!!

FC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Wallhanger

Default New Digs

Man o man, this place is sweet.
A place where fishermen who make tackle can come and learn new cutting edge techniques as well as old tried and true and show off what they make.
Big thanks again to Golden for making this possible.
There is just something extra special about catching fish on something crafted from an idea or a need to make a lure from a chunk of wood or lead. It is truly an art form what some of you fellas can do. The fishermen on this site have proved out that they are caring and generous, sharing their talents with those who are not as proficient. (Like me)

Special kudos to Fishincrazy as his unequaled enthusiasm and direction has made this forum possible. I know he has put a tremendous amount of time and effort into HGT threads and initiating the HGT chat. His contacts in the fishing community run deep as the guest speakers on the Monday Night Tackle Chat proved out to be. Thanks FC.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikeslayer8 View Post
Man o man, this place is sweet.
A place where fishermen who make tackle can come and learn new cutting edge techniques as well as old tried and true and show off what they make.
Big thanks again to Golden for making this possible.
There is just something extra special about catching fish on something crafted from an idea or a need to make a lure from a chunk of wood or lead. It is truly an art form what some of you fellas can do. The fishermen on this site have proved out that they are caring and generous, sharing their talents with those who are not as proficient. (Like me)

Special kudos to Fishincrazy as his unequaled enthusiasm and direction has made this forum possible. I know he has put a tremendous amount of time and effort into HGT threads and initiating the HGT chat. His contacts in the fishing community run deep as the guest speakers on the Monday Night Tackle Chat proved out to be. Thanks FC.
Slayer thanks for the props!I really didn't do much of anything,it's all of you that made this work!Me being a tackle junkie helped a little but trust me with the HGT crowd none of this would be possible!i look forward to what we as a group are going to create!

FC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishincrazy View Post
Slayer thanks for the props!I really didn't do much of anything,it's all of you that made this work!Me being a tackle junkie helped a little but trust me with the HGT crowd none of this would be possible!i look forward to what we as a group are going to create!

FC
Ya got it up and running, a couple of atta boy's your way FC..

Al
Old 05-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Wallhanger

?....It might be nice to do some stuff on reel repair and maintenance maybe?

For example I have some photo's on dissembling the SC 27LCA reel and a few others, but not sure if anybody is interested or how to post that many pictures at one time??
Anybody??

Al
Old 05-09-2012, 06:57 AM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenW View Post

For example I have some photo's on dissembling the SC 27LCA reel and a few others, but not sure if anybody is interested or how to post that many pictures at one time??
Anybody??

Al
Hey there Al!!!!

First off the squeky wheel get's the grease!!Second I think and HGT thread about reel repair would be awesome.It might even draw new members to HGT.Maybe if we set it up with schematics from popular reels like an index.Then get specific like the information you have.I'm sure there others who work on their own reels here on WC.Once the ball get's rolling who know's where it will go!!!

FC
Old 05-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenW View Post

Anybody??

Al
I have a broke one now, so I would like to see it. I guess the broke one is a 17LCA but probably similar I would guess.

FC what qualifies as HGT for this tournament? Is a hand tied crawler harness part of that, or do I have to manufacture my blades, beads, and hooks as well?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishincrazy View Post
Hey there Al!!!!

First off the squeky wheel get's the grease!!Second I think and HGT thread about reel repair would be awesome.It might even draw new members to HGT.Maybe if we set it up with schematics from popular reels like an index.Then get specific like the information you have.I'm sure there others who work on their own reels here on WC.Once the ball get's rolling who know's where it will go!!!

FC

Schematic is usually in drawing form and sometimes hard to make out detail, I finally got brave and disassembled a few reels while taking step by step pictures of them, helps in re-assembling them for us forgetful old farts.

I don't think we could post 20 or so pictures but I'm wondering if there's a website ? that we can use to link to??

Pez, I believe the 17 is the same, the 27 and 47 are basically the same, if ya want I can email ya the pictures I have??

Al
Old 05-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Charter Member

Allen,
I would suggest photobucket.com or a similar photo site. You can create an album on there and title it for the reel. You can add text to the photos for explanations, and then using tools create a slideshow for people to watch.
I did a brief version of this for my Trollmaster install. Check it out.

http://s992.photobucket.com/albums/a...h_IMAG0082.jpg

Last edited by Pezman38; 05-09-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman38 View Post
I have a broke one now, so I would like to see it. I guess the broke one is a 17LCA but probably similar I would guess.

FC what qualifies as HGT for this tournament? Is a hand tied crawler harness part of that, or do I have to manufacture my blades, beads, and hooks as well?
If you tie it is your creation!It qualifies for the HGT tourney!!!!

Pez I am still working on this concept but anything you make,put together,or get from someone else who made it without buying it in a store qualifies.

Let me know what you think.

FC