Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Best Fishing Partner Nickname - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 10-25-2020, 04:56 PM
Slot Fish

Default Father & Son

Back in my very young days, my parents had a cabin in northern MN. After a morning of fishing my dad and I would normally walk over to our new neighbor's cabin and join in on the conversation around the fish cleaning table. The neighbors would always offer my dad a beer to which he would always reply "No thanks, I have a half-can right here". Time went by and after finally putting clues together from things heard over the VHF marine radio chatter while on the water, my dad finally figured out that he was the guy often referred to as "Half Can". More time went by before we figured out that since I was his son, my nickname turned out to be "Quarter Can", even though I was way too young to share such beverages with the guys at that time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2020, 07:23 PM
Keeper

fished with a buddy for 30 years, allways call him seadog. he is in my phone under seadog lol
Old 10-29-2020, 01:17 PM
Slot Fish

One of my buddies has been known as "Beagle Ears" for going on 55 years.

He thinks it is because of his ears but mostly it's because he was always the first one to go to sleep in our tiny camper. As soon as he started to snore someone would put peanut butter in or next to his ear and let in a flatulent/skunk scented beagle to clean him up.

He would usually get mad and go sleep in the car. The rest of us were then able enjoy a restful evening.

Last edited by Grumps; 10-29-2020 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:35 PM
Keeper

4 of us stayed the night in I/F on the way up to Pickle Lake & Fred and Jason picked up 2 Canadian ladies at the Border Bar and brought them back to their hotel room.

Old Fritz who was a Korean War Marine Vet n I went to their room at 0500 to get going to Pickle Lake and Fritz opened the door to both Jason n Fred butt naked with their dates.

Fritz in a raspy stern cadence addressed them as “The 2 inch Killer” and “Tripod” to get down to the truck in 15 minutes or we were leaving. The nicknames stuck with them, one very proud and one very short on their nicknames.