Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Crank Bait Colors for Walleye - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 10-28-2020, 08:19 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutting edge View Post
Don't forget correct speed...

Although I absolutely believe color can be an important factor at times...I agree that most of the time it is one of the least important factors! With that being said...I somehow have convinced myself I need da*n near all of the colors available...
So, it's safe to say that all of the colors have caught me...many colors though, have caught lots of fish!
This is one of the reasons I love fishing, no absolute answers! Speed is indeed very important. Like everything else, try different things. Light/dark,fast/slow,deep/shallow and everywhere in between. It allows us to try and figure it out. Will never happen, but we can try. Enjoy it while you can. Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2020, 09:09 AM
Wallhanger

I fished the NWT as a co-angler a couple of weeks ago. The color issue was interesting. The first day I fished with a well known guy of a very well known team. We had the most success with purple tiger and fire tiger second. When we were going to weight in the team talk was about what worked. TOTALLY different and we were within sight of each other most of the day. All using Bandits.
The second day another well known angler and he was absolutely convinced wonder bread Bandits was the best.

Trolling techniques were interesting. https://www.nationalwalleyetour.com/...championships/
Old 10-29-2020, 11:25 AM
Wallhanger

My first consideration is action of the lure a square bill gives a tight with no roll wobble, a rounded bill will give more of a rolling, short rounded like Husky Jerks give a wide wobble. I will start with one of each type of lure first then start switching up size and colors, and speed.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:44 PM
cutting edge

For me,

1. Depth
2. Speed
3. Size
3. Shape
3. Action (size, shape and action are of equal importance to me)
6. Sound (whether it's silent or rattling)
6. Color (sound and color are pretty equal to me in importance)

There is no doubt to me depth and speed are the most important factors....the other factors can be shuffled around with one or the other seeming to be the most important on any given day....

As Ozark Bob recommended....try different things and see if you can put together a pattern.

There are also times, when you may be catching fish and are feeling satisfied with the production, when experimenting by trying a different lure or presentation may be even more productive...some never make that move and have a decent day while some do make the change and have an epic outing...don't be afraid to experiment!
Old 10-30-2020, 04:11 AM
Wallhanger

Default Good Point

Ozark Bob and "guest" great perspective its part of enjoyment of fishing.