Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
All Canada Shows - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 10-26-2020, 09:22 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtaproot View Post
Even though I am a proud union man, a show cause add up when we charge $100 to put an outlet in, hundred dollars to install your small carpeting $500 to set up your booth. $500 to take it down. The unions control the venue so tightly that they can charge ridiculous prices and require union labor does even the most menial tasks
You want to get your butt chewed, just try to run an extension cord in a $10,000 booth at a convention center haha
4 Rivers Refuge Runners/PPF Woodduck Mud Motors

Last edited by kswalleyer; 10-26-2020 at 09:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2020, 05:57 PM
Minnow

All Canada Shows are cancelled for January 2021. We got an email on Oct 19tn from the organizers. They are planning on rolling over our payments to next year. Some of the other shows later in the year might still be held.

St. Paul Sportsman's show is still planning on holding their show. Jan 14-17. If the border is still closed its going to be a lot of US Camps and Slap Chop & Mighty Putty booths.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:39 PM
Lunch pail guy

Default Union yes

Even though I am a union guy, I get great pleasure out of housing people out of tremendous amount of money to do menial jobs. It is our way of getting back at you for making fun of us in high school
Old 10-29-2020, 07:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch pail guy View Post
Even though I am a union guy, I get great pleasure out of housing people out of tremendous amount of money to do menial jobs. It is our way of getting back at you for making fun of us in high school

Bill
Old 10-29-2020, 07:53 AM
Wallhanger

Here's the NMMA update. Not sure if they have released this yet, but have canceled most of their's too. Atlantic City and NW Sportshow are still on though.

Proceeding as scheduled:
Progressive Insurance Atlantic City Boat Show February 2428, 2021, with the option to delay the show to early April 2021

Progressive Insurance Northwest Sportshow March 2528, 2021

Postponed to a later date:
Progressive Insurance New England Boat Show we are working with the Boston Exhibition & Convention Center to obtain dates later in the first quarter or early in the second quarter

Canceled for the winter of 2021 only:
Progressive Insurance Atlanta Boat Show
Progressive Insurance Baltimore Boat Show
Progressive Insurance Chicago Boat Show
Progressive Insurance Louisville Boat, RV & Sportshow
Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show
Progressive Insurance Minneapolis Boat Show
Progressive Insurance Nashville Boat Show
Progressive Insurance New York Boat Show
Progressive Insurance St. Louis Boat & Sportshow
Old 10-29-2020, 08:03 AM
Keeper

The boat/rv/outdoors shows are all being cancelled up here too. If they haven't already been cancelled, it's in the process.

I can not see the border opening until late next year......again depends on how things go, how things progress on the vaccinations front.

With things being as out-of-control as they are now, I believe that both countries will not allow borders to open and will keep current restrictions in place for almost all of 2021.

It is also my guess, that eventually when borders do open and restrictions are lessened, you will need proof of vaccination to enter the country.....just a guess but seems logical.

Good luck everyone and stay safe!
Old 10-29-2020, 09:50 AM
Keeper

Default shows

I'm wondering if the closures of the major shows will extend to the local shows run by scout troops, fishing clubs and other organizations. These local events usually draw between 500 and 2000 visitors. I've been downsizing my fishing tackle hoard at one of these shows for a while and would like to continue in March of 2021.
I haven't seen anything official on these shows but soon they'll have to make that decision. It's going to be a bad cabin fever season especially with the added Covid restrictions.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:18 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishron View Post
I'm wondering if the closures of the major shows will extend to the local shows run by scout troops, fishing clubs and other organizations. These local events usually draw between 500 and 2000 visitors. I've been downsizing my fishing tackle hoard at one of these shows for a while and would like to continue in March of 2021.
I haven't seen anything official on these shows but soon they'll have to make that decision. It's going to be a bad cabin fever season especially with the added Covid restrictions.
I guess that all depends on the local restrictions on gathering sizes in the area!