Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bullseye Boat Loaders/Guide - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 09-03-2020, 07:26 PM
Skippy1966

Default Bullseye Boat Loaders/Guide

Does anyone know if Bullseye Systems they are still making the boat loaders. They have a web site, but have not respond to my inquiry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2020, 06:15 AM
Charter Member

Did you email or call?

No recent contact but when I purchased a set 2 yrs ago, he answered the phone when I needed a few questions answered.

From the website

"Need a custom mount or have a question, 816-674-5681... Ask for Chuck."
Old 09-05-2020, 10:25 AM
Scippy1966

Default Bullseye boat loaders

Mike:

First, thanks for the reply. I did get a response back today (actually it was at 12:02 a.m.) from Chuck to my email.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2020, 04:11 PM
Keeper

So is he in business....I have been eyeing his product?
Old 09-23-2020, 09:14 PM
Keeper

I got a pair of them in late July. Chuck's pretty attentive to answering his phone, and I did have him reply to an email I had sent him in less than 60 seconds one time. He's very busy during the summer months. I ordered mine on Monday and they shipped out on Thursday. Great guy, and a hard worker too!!
Old 10-07-2020, 06:07 PM
Minnow

Question Bullseye boat loader

Whats a Bullseye boat loader?
Old 10-07-2020, 06:46 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palancar View Post
Whats a Bullseye boat loader?

http://www.bullseyequickload.com/?fb...ZDHsR5nJxVc7-A
Old 10-12-2020, 11:54 PM
Minnow

For those of you that have bought the Bullseye, what do you think so far? I can appreciate that they look sturdier than most of the other guides I've seen. After that, it looks like they'd function about the same as others? I'm fine with spending the extra money if you think in your experience it has been worth it. I've never had guides on a trailer, so I have no reference point other than what I've seen at the ramps or online.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:20 PM
Keeper

1) They're not the same as OEM load guides. Bullseyes have a push button release that allows them to turn 90*. Narrow setting is for loading your boat. I have mine set to gently touch the spray rail for loading. After you get loaded you rotate them to the "wide" setting for travel. The wide/travel setting provides 5/8" to 3/4" of clearance between the guide and the side of my boat.
2) My trailer is 2017 Lund/Shoreland'r roller. It came with the OEM load guides that bolt to the frame. 90% of the time my boat would load 'off-center', usually by at least 1.0 to 1.5". My answer to getting it to center was to 'float-center' the boat. That's what I call backing back in the water, wait for the boat to center itself, and pull ahead, hoping it stayed close to center. I took quite a bit of time getting the Bullseye lateral set to my satisfaction. Last week my boat loaded 0.25" to the starboard side, and today (in somewhat of a decent crosswind) it loaded 0.125" to the starboard side. Why I can't get it to loaded exactly centered, I don't know.
3) My experience has been well worth the money. Your experience may vary, depending on your boat/trailer combo, and how particular you might be.
Hope this might help, Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodinvilleWalleye View Post
For those of you that have bought the Bullseye, what do you think so far? I can appreciate that they look sturdier than most of the other guides I've seen. After that, it looks like they'd function about the same as others? I'm fine with spending the extra money if you think in your experience it has been worth it. I've never had guides on a trailer, so I have no reference point other than what I've seen at the ramps or online.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:33 AM
Keeper

I have the same problem as Gregory with regards to my boat always wanting to load a couple inches off one way or the other. I have been eyeing the Bullseye guides for some time. My only concern on my application is that I my boat sits pretty low on my trailer. There wouldn’t be much room from bottom of boat to top of mounting bar, which looks like mounts on top of frame. My current guides have to be mounted on the bottom of the frame.