Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Unable to utilize Ontario/Any Canadian other fishing license because of border closed - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 09-24-2020, 03:33 PM
Charter Member

Default Unable to utilize Ontario/Any Canadian other fishing license because of border closed

Hey all,

I don't know if this has been brought up, because of border closure that you are unable to use you Ontario/Canadian fishing license. What if anything do you think should/could be done. I have a three Ontario license. I mainly use my Ontario in the area where I live on the Detroit River/Lake Erie, but also have purchased a license for trips to Lake of the Woods. I would hope that something would be done by the responsible governments.

Bob

Norman Maclean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2020, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

Here's a thread from a few weeks ago

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forum...+refund&page=4
Old 09-24-2020, 05:54 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by downriverbob View Post
Hey all,

I don't know if this has been brought up, because of border closure that you are unable to use you Ontario/Canadian fishing license. What if anything do you think should/could be done. I have a three Ontario license. I mainly use my Ontario in the area where I live on the Detroit River/Lake Erie, but also have purchased a license for trips to Lake of the Woods. I would hope that something would be done by the responsible governments.

Bob
I bought a license in March when I was up in Ontario, was planning on getting my money worth this year up there,so after the last border shut down until oct 21 it’s in the garbage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2020, 06:12 PM
Wallhanger

I consider it a gift to our good friends across the border. In the grand scheme of what I spend on fishing, it's peanuts. No one could have predicted the pandemic at the time I bought my license, nor could they have predicted that the U.S. would have such a horrible infection rate and death rate, which caused Canada to close their border.

Read your owner's manual.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:59 PM
Keeper

Not sure why u bought another Ontario lisence just for lk of woods......
Old 09-25-2020, 10:39 AM
Charter Member

If you reread my original I stated, I mainly use my Ontario license in the area where I live on the Detroit River/Lake Erie. I can be in Ontario waters in less than 10 minutes from where I keep my boat, OK.

Bob

Norman Maclean
Old 09-25-2020, 05:24 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by downriverbob View Post
Hey all,

Bob
I am in the second year of a three year Ontario license. When I heard that people were getting refunds I called the MNR. I was told that since I have a three year license I wouldn't get a refund for 2020 because they have no way Of knowing if I ice fished in Ontario before the border closed.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:37 PM
Charter Member

Ok, I read some information in the following link where some folks have been successful in get the cost of their Ontario license, here is the link:

https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/f...icense.704315/

This is the link to OMNR website, if you go down to the bottom of the page there is area where you can contact them, the following is that link:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/fishing-...sidents-canada

The one item I forgot was that i had purchased a 3 non-resident license for my wife, so hopefully I can get back our money(which I paid for both). We are retired people, getting this money is not going to make or break us but it would be nice.

Bob

Norman Maclean