Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Best Fishing Partner Nickname - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 10-08-2020, 11:06 PM
Wallhanger

Default fishing names

I am Hooks, short for HeHooksHimself- you know why
Doc- No he is not a doctor, he constantly sings Otis Reddings "Sittin on the Dock of the Bay"
Sleepy- Takes a lot of naps, first to sleep at night
Hamster- Looks like a Hamster and drives a Kia Soul
Skidwad- not sure how he got it, but it stuck
Net Man- Always seems to be the netter of big fish
Dunkin' Bob- He's been in the water a few times

Fish On! Hooks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2020, 12:55 AM
Minnow

Default Titles of fisherman

We have 2 one is call the stupid dumb piece of crap that forgot to put the boat plug in AKA plug head. The other is called a low life thief for stealing hot lures from his partners, he now mudt inventory every lure he brings. He is so upset , he was bringing us receipts. He still doesn't know that we were pulling a joke on him. Now he saves receipts for everything. Its funny to watch him, we were all set to let him know the real truth, but then, We couldn't get to Canada to it will have to
wait till 2021. Had another one named clinton, we made him change his first name or he wasn.t going.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:11 AM
Wallhanger

We call my oldest brother Neil Peart or the shepherd, depending on the day, for his innate ability to always out fish us 10 to 1 in the sheepshead department. There are days where we might have 1 or 2 between my other brother and I and old Neil will have boated 8 or 10 of them already. Makes for a fun trip as he swears he's landing a fish ohio everytime, lol.
Minn kota 72" 112lb 36v Terrova
Simrad nss evo2 12
BG Zeus2 12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance point 1
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
Lowrance 3d
2 Cannon tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
6 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2020, 07:09 AM
Slot Fish

Default Igor

My best partner...or assistant has always been my Terrova. I have named every Terrova over the years Igor (the goofy hunchbacked assistant from the Young Frankenstien movie).
I am always talking to Igor. "Igor...where you going?". "Igor...why wont you lock?". "Found fish..put Igor down".
Igor has been a very loyal and valuable assistant over the years. Always kept me on fish.
Old 10-10-2020, 08:23 AM
Keeper

A guy I worked with and took fishing sometimes last name is Booher. Everyone at work calls him Boo. So, his nickname while fishing is.....Boo Dance.
Old 10-10-2020, 09:24 AM
Keeper

We have a few as well:
The Jigging Gnome - one of our guys is a master of the jig but when he gets focused nothing else matters lol - wrote the full details here https://www.northernjacks.com/post/t...of-shekak-lake

We have a White Hat - he always has a great plan but generally doesn't get involved in the work

When I was a kid my Grandfather called me the "Fankle" which is a Scottish way of saying tangled or snagged. Generally when we fished it didn't take me long to get fankled

Great thread - so far Deuce, Hamster and Pickle are favorites lol

Andrew
Old 10-10-2020, 02:36 PM
Minnow

We call one guy "Lash." He has been trying to cast a bait caster for about three years now. His first cast invariably results in a backlash which he then spends 30 minutes fixing.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:10 AM
Slot Fish

One guy we call flounder. He has both eyes on one side of his head.
Old 10-11-2020, 09:58 AM
Wallhanger

During the winter months when most of you are hunkered down in the house next to the fireplace with your boats winterized and stored, we're out fishing on moderate temperature days. We drop shot for crappies in 25-30' of water. Some days when the bite is on, we'll catch upwards of 100 fish per boat.

We have one guy who really has the touch and usually catches more than any of the rest of us. We call him "The Crappie Whisperer".
Old 10-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Slot Fish

Does, "g..d... it Steve" count? My son insisted on leaving the lid on his tackle box open and, yes, flopped every time; leaving half his lures on the deck and getting them snagged into the carpet; wearing basketball shorts and getting cold and wanting to go in; when fishing a shore line, he was in the bow and always threw back in front of me; too often got stuck in trees on shore and would pull the lure back at 100 miles an hour past my ear......and he out fished me every time (I put him on the fish while I messed with the motors!).

He's now 35 and has moved to Washington State....would love to have him back.