Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund IPS vs Alumacraft 2XB...let's do this. - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 10-23-2020, 11:54 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritonguy View Post
Both are quality built boats, it's kinda like the Ford vs Chevy debate. However, I believe Alumacraft uses only aluminum in their transoms and Lund still has a composite transom. I remember some previous threads on here talking about the problems people have had with the Lund composite transoms. Just something to think about. Also, you'll find that on average the Alumacraft is less money than the Lund and you can get the Alumacraft with a Yamaha, Mercury, or Suzuki whereas Lund pretty much restricts you to only a Mercury. Both brands hold their resale values really well.
I agree the Alumacraft is a well made boat and they can be less expensive but as far as a Lund composite transom, i have a couple of Lund boats and i've never had a transom issue. Lund had a problem with the wood transoms and that's been discussed here many times. Lund does not restrict buyers to just Mercury, do they want to sell their boats with a Mercury motor, yes as most Lund dealers sell them that way. There's dealers that will mount other brands as i have a Yamaha on my Lund Impact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2020, 01:23 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritonguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapin View Post
Looking for any and ALL comments and comparisons between these two Hull technologies. I am new to Aluminum fishing boats and they both sound great, just curious on the pros and cons of both. Thanks.
Both are quality built boats, it's kinda like the Ford vs Chevy debate. However, I believe Alumacraft uses only aluminum in their transoms and Lund still has a composite transom. I remember some previous threads on here talking about the problems people have had with the Lund composite transoms. Just something to think about. Also, you'll find that on average the Alumacraft is less money than the Lund and you can get the Alumacraft with a Yamaha, Mercury, or Suzuki whereas Lund pretty much restricts you to only a Mercury. Both brands hold their resale values really well.
I run alumacraft and hull quality is similar, just different designs. I do think Lund pro v models are higher quality inside. I think for example Alumacraft competitor series competes with Lund impact. I would have purchased a pro v but Alumacraft 205 layout and huge casting platforms fit my style of fishing.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:32 PM
Keeper

I doubt that you will hear much of a pro or con on either of these 2 hulls. In real world applications the performance of these 2 are too similar.

I currently own a Lund with IPS 2 hull but if I switched to Alumacraft it surely would not because of the hulls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2020, 05:09 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
First learn how to spell Polar Kraft....and no it has the same hull as a Lund.

Btw don’t care about post counts and have said at least once before I wish they would delete them.
That guy from Minnesota likes to pick fights i think. I thought he was out on the open road driving mini wini's all over the place ?
Old 10-23-2020, 05:15 PM
Wallhanger

Hey, another posse member. Woulda thunk you would show up.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:25 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by that minnesota guy View Post
hey, another posse member. Woulda thunk you would show up.[img class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
mara !!!
Old 10-23-2020, 05:47 PM
Minnow

Lund hands down. Cuts the waves and doesn't bounce on them. Been in a new alumacraft as well as my dads polarcraft. They have the same hull design. In smooth water they are fine, in 2 to 4 footers they beat you to death. My Pro V rides excellent in rough or smooth water. Sure the lunds are a bit heavier, but in the end the ride is better. All in my opinion and experience obviously.
Helix 10G2N, Helix 7G3N, Helix 5G2, Garmin Echomap SV94
Minnkota Ulterra 36 volt 112lbs
Old 10-24-2020, 09:39 AM
Keeper

Quote:
First learn how to spell Polar Kraft....and no it has the same hull as a Lund.

Btw donít care about post counts and have said at least once before I wish they would delete them.

The Polar Crap (sorry about the spelling mistake) hull might be designed with a flat pad like the Lund IPS hull........but it is not an IPS hull. Polar Crap (again sorry about the spelling mistake) makes a pretty good boat but to say it's an IPS hull when Lund owns that technology/design just simply lacks common sense. Doubt very much the Lund engineers gave up that technology and gave the design specs to Polar Crap (once again, sorry about that) so they could copy their hull!!!
Old 10-24-2020, 10:18 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggamefisher View Post
The Polar Crap (sorry about the spelling mistake) hull might be designed with a flat pad like the Lund IPS hull........but it is not an IPS hull. Polar Crap (again sorry about the spelling mistake) makes a pretty good boat but to say it's an IPS hull when Lund owns that technology/design just simply lacks common sense. Doubt very much the Lund engineers gave up that technology and gave the design specs to Polar Crap (once again, sorry about that) so they could copy their hull!!!
I see you're from CanaDA so I now understand that you know nothing. . . .
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
DJT 2020
Old 10-24-2020, 10:28 AM
Keeper

Quote:
I see you're from CanaDA so I now understand that you know nothing. . . .

So that even you may have understood............I tried to explain it as simply as I could, I see I failed! LOL