Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Triton build times and communication Frustration - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 10-23-2020, 10:10 AM
Minnow

Unhappy Triton build times and communication Frustration

I made the decision on a new boat in July and ordered my 2021 Triton Allure after riding/fishing in a few rangers and a few Tritons on ERIE. I was told 8 to 10 weeks and ordered the boat pretty much optioned out. I understand Covid issues but not the communication issues. My dealer says he checked at week 11 and they would not give him a date of completion or delivery. Original build date was Sept 21st from Triton. He also sells Rangers and said Ranger was giving him the same answers as Triton. I guess my issue isnt the wait time but is communication always like this? This is my 4th boat and 1st one I ever actually ordered. The others were bought at Boat shows usually in off season and leftovers. Any ideas anyone on wait times or similar this year? Problem is I sold my boat to the 1st person who came to look at it back in July. LOL my fault.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2020, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Get your money back and move on. Think how it will be when you get that boat and need help from the factory in the future.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:58 AM
Wallhanger

I go by Ranger and Triton plants at least once a week on my way to the store. Ranger looks to be in full production(by workers cars in the lot during the week and the lot where the shrink wrapped boats are kept is pretty full. Triton in Midway( I don't know if it the only one) has many fewer boats in there storage area than I had seen all summer. Could not give you a reason, but the whole area has been up on Covid cases, but I don't know why Ranger vs Triton would have different numbers of healthy workers.(maybe 20 miles apart) Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2020, 11:05 AM
Wallhanger

Default Supply chain problems caused by covid

I saw an online post of an angry customer just roasting Goedeker's of St. Louis, because they'd been waiting months for their appliances.

I've ordered several times from Goedeker's and been pleased with the results. Prices are really good with free delivery anywhere in the lower 48. Later that same day I read an article stating that both Whirlpool and Westinghouse were suffering from supply chain interruptions caused by covid.

I'd bet money that the same thing is happening in many industries including pleasure recreation, boats, campers, ect.

If you really want to be happy without the heartburn, get your deposit back and go buy a boat off the showroom floor someplace. It might not be the boat of your dreams but at least you'll have a boat.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:46 PM
Minnow

I did get ahold of the social media team today and they are going to find out what the delays are before I cancel out.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:57 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bghunter View Post
I did get ahold of the social media team today and they are going to find out what the delays are before I cancel out.
I wouldn’t cancel out if this is the boat you want. Best of luck!
Old 10-23-2020, 05:24 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Mag View Post
I wouldn’t cancel out if this is the boat you want. Best of luck!
dont know where you live but if its up north, at this point you have all winter....Id wait it out.
4 Rivers Refuge Runners/PPF Woodduck Mud Motors
Old 10-24-2020, 07:31 AM
Keeper

[QUOTE=Bghunter;6494226]I did get ahold of the social media team today and they are going to find out what the delays are before I cancel out.[/QUOTE

Cancel out! And what, start all over again at the back of the line?? Really?? You actually think that would somehow be a benefit to you??

I am pretty sure all companies are trying to manage the very best they can right now.........they don't wake up in the morning and say.........."how can we screw over our customers today".

Be reasonable and exercise some more patience!
Old 10-24-2020, 10:05 AM
Minnow

Hey, if it helps I custom ordered my Triton and I love it. I don't regret it for a second. I for one would like to hear what you ordered. You must have wanted some unique features to bother with the wait time an extra work on your end. What do you have coming?
Old 10-29-2020, 09:35 AM
Minnow

Waiting on the 206 allure with 250xs pro. All bird equipped with networked mdi in boat and msi on ultra trolling motor. Ordered the smooth moves seats for driver and passengers.. Special color combo with a silver mist interior and gunmetal exterior and light silver colors on the seats. A bunch of little options that add up. There were no floor model boats around anywhere and I sold my boat at top dollar so....... I will just patiently wait and see if anyone can ever answer me as even the factory production will not answer my dealer or even the social media team. Maybe it will just show up sometime in the future. My answer from social media team is sorry for your frustrations the factory will soon return your dealers questions from August. I am back to laughing at this point...