Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
All Canada Shows - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 10-24-2020, 08:06 AM
Wallhanger

Default All Canada Shows

Greetings,

A good friend recently advised to me that the popular All Canada Shows will not be held this winter due to the Covid pandemic. I haven't heard of a formal announcement about this as of yet, so there is a chance the report is in error or incomplete. On a similar note, an announcement just came out that the popular Milwaukee and Chicago Musky Shows have been canceled for this upcoming season.

Kindest regards....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2020, 08:16 AM
Wallhanger

I canít imagine any camp owner investing in a show without knowing if the border will be open.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:12 AM
Wallhanger

More or less most camps will have full camps for 2021 with all the roll over stuff going on.Most of my guide days have also been rebooked. Just need a open border or some system to get guests across.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2020, 10:19 AM
Wallhanger

All the boat shows atr been cancel except the the one in Halifax Nova Scotia at this moment. Hunting and fishing shows are also cancel.
Old 10-24-2020, 01:28 PM
Keeper

Default Sport Shows

In the east, the NRA's Great American Sport Show in Pennsylvania has been cancelled.
That knocks out 1100 exhibitors and visitors from around the Globe.
A loss of 75 million to local businesses and the state.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:43 PM
Keeper

Like previously said, majority of reservations carried over to 2021 pending the border.

If I was a camp owner I’d figure out to develop a sharp website with cabin, lake, boats and other key item videos and do my marketing over the net as what they charge and the expense of the shows are crazy.

Hate to say it but most outfitter websites are pretty bare and could use an upgrade to show their competitive advantages.
Old 10-24-2020, 03:52 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichA$1970 View Post
Like previously said, majority of reservations carried over to 2021 pending the border.

If I was a camp owner Iíd figure out to develop a sharp website with cabin, lake, boats and other key item videos and do my marketing over the net as what they charge and the expense of the shows are crazy.

Hate to say it but most outfitter websites are pretty bare and could use an upgrade to show their competitive advantages.
Good point rich as Iím into places with great websites,you can get all the info you need on a great website
Old 10-24-2020, 06:08 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckohlt View Post
Good point rich as Iím into places with great websites,you can get all the info you need on a great website
Very very few people hit the websites until they see the name somewhere. As much as some would like everyone to think a very small portion of fisherman visit places like this. I think shows have value but should be used in conjunction with websites for marketing.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:17 PM
Keeper

Very very few people hit the websites until they see the name somewhere. As much as some would like everyone to think a very small portion of fisherman visit places like this. I think shows have value but should be used in conjunction with websites for marketing.[/QUOTE]

One of the outfitters I used quit working the shows as he said for the cost, time and expenses, he can use that money for upgrades to his outposts.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:36 AM
Charter Member

Probably a given that the shows would be cancelled, due to uncertainty. I remember one camp owner sharing a few years ago that one show ends up costing him around $10,000.

Bill