Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Now a 52" and 60" Lowrance Ghost - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 10-29-2020, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=mikear;6495456]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker View Post

I stand corrected. If it was a feature on the remote I’d consider one. How is the 60” length measured? On my Lund with a 60” Xi5, it comes out of the water with big rollers. I wouldn’t want to have less TM in the water than I do now.
It's 60" from the bottom of the head (where it seats in the mount) to the center of the prop shaft, just walked out and measured it.

Other than Sonar/Down Imaging (cable end adapter required) the Ghost is only compatible with Elite Ti2, Carbon and Live units as likely whatever is coming down the pike later on.

In remembrance of those that gave the "Ultimate" Sacrifice!

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2020, 09:11 PM
Keeper

Location: Illinois- Where there's a good chance your license plates were made by a former governor
Default Remote or depthfinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
how do you run it from the back of the boat?
The 60" model comes standard with a remote.
And the Ghost will network with certain depthfinders.

I want one for my new Lund Impact 1875, but ouch!

Stay safe,
Rick

2012 Alumacraft Classic Tiller
2012 Mercury 60HP 4-Stroke
Big Tiller w/Troll Control
Terrova 80 w/I-Pilot
SmartCraft tach
Lowrance HDS-12 Touch w/Point-1 GPS
Old 10-30-2020, 11:01 AM
Wallhanger

Talking

Have a friend who went from Ultrex to a Ghost is only and biggest complaint is the Ghost is not nearly as weed free as his Ultrex was, but he is a Bass guy and what do they know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2020, 11:39 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Hawker;6495484]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikear View Post

It's 60" from the bottom of the head (where it seats in the mount) to the center of the prop shaft, just walked out and measured it.

Other than Sonar/Down Imaging (cable end adapter required) the Ghost is only compatible with Elite Ti2, Carbon and Live units as likely whatever is coming down the pike later on.

I think making it compatible only going back to the Carbon is a bad move. 3500 bucks + after tax for the 60" and not compatible with Gen 3 and under?? Nope.
Minn kota 72" 112lb 36v Terrova
Simrad nss evo2 12
BG Zeus2 12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance point 1
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
Lowrance 3d
2 Cannon tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
6 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Old 10-30-2020, 01:58 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrain View Post

I think making it compatible only going back to the Carbon is a bad move. 3500 bucks + after tax for the 60" and not compatible with Gen 3 and under?? Nope.
I agree. You're taking A LOT of potential customers off the board with that choice. I'm not huge on all the autopilot/follow the contour stuff, I rarely if ever use it, but at $3500, it really should be an option.

Even if it isn't full functionality, at the very least, you should have the same functionality as a Motorguide Xi5 connected via NMEA2000.

I've gotta think that's a pretty easy software update...

Waxy
Old 11-02-2020, 09:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Coming in December, 2020
The 60" Ghost intrigues me, especially the brushless DC Motor. Currently run an i5 motorguide networked to my HDS Edge's installed in the boat. There are a couple of things that concern me as most of my control is done via the remote or through the HDS screen. 1. I don't know if the newer Ghost has a wireless foot pedal but I am not fond of the current way the power is configured, through the foot pedal meaning it has to be left out on the deck. Currently the i5 is powered directly and my foot pedal is stored until I need it, which is very rare as I mostly use it from the console. The second issue is that unless you are looking down at the top of the motor, you cannot see which direction the motor is pointing. Motorguide, Minnkota, and the new Garmin all have head configurations that allow one to tell which way the motor is pointing with a simple glance. I suppose one could mount a device on the top of the arrow to let one quickly look at it and have an idea where your boat is going to go when you turn on the motor. Does anyone have any insight on this?
Old 11-04-2020, 08:45 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Hawker;6495448]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
how do you run it from the back of the boat?[/QUOTE
Via wireless remote OR from any Carbon, Elite Ti2, Live connected on the N2K network.

Yessir, absolutely has heading lock, and it (as well as every other feature) works great.

I've been running the 60" for a couple months. I've had the MinnKotas, the MotorGuides, and in all honesty can attest that the Ghost is an absolute BEAST on the water. Battery life is nothing short of phenomenal, and I've been running it hard in 20-30+ mph winds and 2-3 ft rollers topped with white caps for 8 and 10 hours at a time without fail, without issues. Anchor lock is rock solid and zero issues with it at all. Quieter than anything I've ever used.

Now, I will say, while the handheld remote does function and functions well, the number of functions at this time are lacking. I'm told that is being looked at hard and long, and supposedly there will be something much better forthcoming.

What boat are you running?
Old 11-04-2020, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=ozarkeyes;6497096]
Quote:

What boat are you running?
A 2003 Predator 222CC.

In remembrance of those that gave the "Ultimate" Sacrifice!

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae"