Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Best Riding Walleye Boat in Rough Water - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 10-31-2012, 08:34 AM
Charter Member

I don't care, I own a Wetliner. I like the spray in my face and the dull ache in my kidneys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 06:09 PM
Wallhanger

I'll tell you which walleye boat does not get my vote for rough water ride...my Triton 215X.

In swells, its just terrible. I've never been in a boat that rolls as much as this one...and the porpoising is maddening.

Great boat, excellent "fishability", fast, looks awesome...but I would not recommend it for a rough water boat unless you are just talking about chop.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Wallhanger

I guess not all triton 215's are alike. My 215 is outstanding in big water swells, can fly through 1-2 ft chop(here in montana 2 ft is considered chop) and porpoising is minimal. yes the boat does roll more side to side, this may be where it is at it's weakest. I think from all the posts about 215, my take is that the guys running the heavy verados with kickers, extra battery, isoloator for the power steering are having ride issues more so than the 215's with the pro xs. Stern heavy 215's don't handle well. Also I haven't found too many deep v walleye boats that can run wide open with the 215.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 07:47 PM
Wallhanger

yar craft
Old 10-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Wallhanger

209 yarcraft 10in my books for rough water dry ness 10
620 ranger 8 in my books for rough water dry ness 9
208 lund 7 in my books for rough water dry ness 8
have owned all three
Old 11-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike7759 View Post
I'm thinking those guys like the boat that sponsors them.
I sure like my pro v and I sure don't get paid by lund to say so. The bigger boats will always be better in rough water. You have to decide what is too big to tow and what is big enough to be safe and comfortable. When it gets too rough, it's time to be off the water. I'm not a tournament fisherman and don't want to fight rough water any more than necessary. The waves yesterday on Lake Michigan were 20 feet high.
80 terrova w/ipilot link
Humminbird 1198 si/di bow & console
Old 11-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Keeper

My Lund Impact 1675. Like yesterday, the morning was beautiful. The weatherman/accuweather was wrong about the afternoon. A front moved in and the wind came up and we took off. 4 miles away. It was fine getting back. 2-3 foot whitecaps. In North Dakota the wind loves us here. All the fresh air you can handle. Open Prairie, limited trees. The waves on Sakakawea have many miles from the northwest to build, heading southeast.
Is there an electronic device that would warn of changes in weather I could run in my boat???? Not sure if it would work in time to beat the waves.
Thanks
DG
Old 11-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Minnow

Smile rough water boat

I own a 186fsx and i have been in a 209 and 219 and I personally think it rides just as good if not better than either the 209 or 219 along with the tritons in rough water. Have never been in a ranger to speak on them. Just my 2 cents
Old 11-02-2012, 04:05 AM
Minnow

Default owned both 1900Pro V & Yacraft

No comparison for me, When I first got in the Yarcraft I was reading waves like I was in the Lund And it didn't take long to realize that this 219 is Awesome! Yeah it's a foot and a half more but the ride is incredible found myself bracing for a wave and then saying really that's it? I dont regret the switch at all.

So in my limited 15 yr experience, Yarcraft for me.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Keeper

Default Lund

All those Rangers and Yarcraft guys will love their ride until they have to quarter across the waves. You can't always head directly into the wave and go where you want to go. There are times you have to cut across 2-3 foot chop to get where you want to be. And if you are in one of those flat boats you better have head to toe Goretex unless you are in a Lund Tyee or Baron, in which case you will arrive drier and safer.