Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What snap for planer board - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 05-11-2019, 03:41 PM
Keeper

Default What snap for planer board

I have the OR18 snap on the board but the snap on back that you leave slack line in for tattle tail flag won't keep line from sliding thru. I have double looped it and still slides thru. Bandits and RR pull it thru. What is best snap for that situation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2019, 06:28 PM
Keeper

Sounds like your using Off Shore Boards and the pads in your back clip is either wore out, got hard due to age or possibly from using braid which has cut into and damaged them. Go to the Off Shore web site and you can order new pads on line, for what ever clips you using. That's if you have Off Shore boards.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:06 PM
Wallhanger

Try OR16 clips. There's a peg in the center on one side to get the line behind or, like I do, under the peg if you're using braid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2019, 08:06 PM
Wallhanger

The or19 is the heavy orange clip release. I would try that if you are using the or14 black clips. I had trouble with the red clips wearing and not gripping as much. I think the release did not have as much grip because of the pin. I did not think to put the line on the pin. I am going to try my boards with the or19 on the rear release. Then use the orange release on the side.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking View Post
The or19 is the heavy orange clip release. I would try that if you are using the or14 black clips. I had trouble with the red clips wearing and not gripping as much. I think the release did not have as much grip because of the pin. I did not think to put the line on the pin. I am going to try my boards with the or19 on the rear release. Then use the orange release on the side.
The OR-19 and OR-16's have the same tension. The OR-16 just has the pin in it. Blackeyes pretty much nailed it. Sounds like the pads are worn.

But, I have a question for the OP....you said you double wrapped the back release and it still lost the slack. Are you sure it's from the back release and not the Snapper on the front?

Have you tried tightening the tension screw a 1/4 turn on the Snapper? If that's not set tight enough the slack line between the releases will be lost.

The fact that you double wrapped the back one has me thinking this is the case.
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Old 05-14-2019, 12:57 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
The OR-19 and OR-16's have the same tension. The OR-16 just has the pin in it. Blackeyes pretty much nailed it. Sounds like the pads are worn.

But, I have a question for the OP....you said you double wrapped the back release and it still lost the slack. Are you sure it's from the back release and not the Snapper on the front?

Have you tried tightening the tension screw a 1/4 turn on the Snapper? If that's not set tight enough the slack line between the releases will be lost.

The fact that you double wrapped the back one has me thinking this is the case.
X2 on this... back when I used to run braid on my trolling rods I used the OR-16 clips on the front and back. I would need to wrap both clips to keep the line from sliding through.

Alumacraft 175 Tourney Pro - 150 Merc, 8hp Tohatsu, Helix 9 SI/DI, 24v Terrova w/iPilot Link