Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2008 Lund Alaskan 1800 Tiller Cover - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-19-2020, 08:02 PM
Minnow

Default 2008 Lund Alaskan 1800 Tiller Cover

I just purchased a 2008 Lund Alaskan 1800 tiller. I checked with the local Lund dealer on the price of a Lund OEM cover and was quoted $850. Seems pretty high to me. I only use a cover on my annual trip to Canada. I don't want to buy a cheap cover that doesn't fit decent and only lasts a trip or two. Does anyone have a less expensive yet decent quality cover option? I have not checked on getting a "custom cover" made locally. Thanks for the advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2020, 06:34 AM
Charter Member

I have a OEM Lund cover for my 2013 Alaskan 1600 and it has lasted very well. The outside of my gunnel has a small track similar to the inside one. The snaps for the cover are in it. If I was getting a custom cover, I would want the snaps there. No abrasion to the hull paint.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:07 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
I have a OEM Lund cover for my 2013 Alaskan 1600 and it has lasted very well. The outside of my gunnel has a small track similar to the inside one. The snaps for the cover are in it. If I was getting a custom cover, I would want the snaps there. No abrasion to the hull paint.
I still have the original OEM cover on my 2010 Alaskan 2000 DC also and it's still in great shape. I've always really liked it. I have my boat tarped whenever I trailer it which is a minimum of 200 miles every week during open water season. I'm hoping to get 10 more years out of my tarp but if I ever have to replace it, I'll again get an OEM tarp.
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2020, 02:10 PM
Slot Fish

Default boat tarp

There is a place up near New York Mills that used to produce covers for Lund . I got one from them two years ago for my 1900 Pro V Tiller and it is Perfect and heavy duty . Just like Lund's , but no name . Think it was around $500. Can't remember the name of the joint but should come up in search
EWK
Old 09-21-2020, 10:01 AM
Wallhanger

Fergus falls, MN... Boatcovers.com They currently make Lund covers for Lund... I think they made them in 2008 as well.