Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Vessel View Mobile - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 04-11-2021, 07:33 AM
Keeper

(Quote) how would I keep track of hours to know my maintenance intervals otherwise?

Well, a $15 engine hour meter will do that-

Last edited by Daddybigfins; 04-11-2021 at 07:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2021, 11:39 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy 'eye View Post
My dealer threw it in with my new rig. I have it installed on a 50 4s on a crestliner retriever deluxe jon. It's is freggin awesome!!! It's really handy for me since I don't have a counsel boat with gauges. If I wouldn't have had it I never would have known what RPMS I was running and I never would have gotten the full performance out of my motor.

To answer a few of the questions, no, you CANNOT control trolling speed. Actually it won't even register speeds below 2 mph. At least mine doesn't. It will find your gps location and show you on a map where you are and anything that is around you such as the nearest dock, fuel, restaurants, etc... it will tell you engine hours but it will not give you a breakdown of what hours at what speeds. It will also tell you fuel mileage and consumption that is resettable for every time you fuel up and how much you've used on that particular outing. There is also a hole shot timer which I haven't toyed with to much yet. But it's setup like a drag racing "Christmas tree" and it's kinda fun to test different props with. Times your 0-20mph time. If you have a counsel boat I don't know if this would be that beneficial for you but for us small craft/no instrumentation guys it's real handy.

Here's a screenshot of the top speed page from the app I took last night testing props

The fuel mileage/consumption and other fuel data is based on average use @engine RPM, not actual consumption. From what I have checked on mine at the gas pump it is pretty accurate. That being said, the VVM app must be on and connected for it to work.

Mark
Old 04-11-2021, 12:13 PM
Keeper

So that requires cell service? There are large expanses of Ft Peck with no cell service and I spend a lot of time there, thanks-
Old 04-11-2021, 02:00 PM
Minnow

the app shows the amount of fuel used and the amount remaining
I find it much more accurate than anolog gas gauge on dash. the installation was easy and Mercury had a 50% discount a couple of years ago !
Old 04-11-2021, 02:28 PM
Minnow

Sorry ,it does not require cell service just connects with blue tooth on phone
Old 04-11-2021, 03:48 PM
Keeper

Thanks!