Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Batter Bank Different Size/Group - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Wallhanger

Default Batter Bank Different Size/Group

I have a battery issue in my 36 V system. I have 3 Group 27s, and 1 will not take a charge. I have elimintaed the bank charger, as I have swapped leads to verify that is not an issue. I have cleaned all the connections and the battery posts. The chargers still has an error on 1 battery stating check connections, on that battery. So that battery will not take a charge.

So my main question is I have a spare Group 24 (and it will take a charge off the same charger lead), if I place that with the other 2 Group 27s... Will that harm the system in any way, as it is still a 36 V, just unbalenced batteries? I guess I am asking this because I would prefer to make it a few more months, and purchase a set 3 new batteries for the trolling motors in the spring, and not an add one this fall. The current batteries are 40 months old.

Last edited by jkonop; 08-08-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Wallhanger

It won't cause a problem, it just won't last as long as if you had 3 "matched" batteries, since it's undersized compared to the other two.

HRG
Old 08-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
It won't cause a problem, it just won't last as long as if you had 3 "matched" batteries, since it's undersized compared to the other two.

HRG
Thanks...This is exactly what I was hoping to hear...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Wallhanger

Default It will work

It will work until you can pick up three new batteries, although not ideal and your run time will be less it will work for the short amount of time you need it to. I would replace all three with some new Group 31 AGM batteries, put them in and use them, no maintenance.

Tags
bank , battery , charger