Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund Crossover XS or Tyee - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 11-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by perchjerker View Post
ok I have one question

How do you pronounce "Tyee"??? I have always thought it was "T"

I could never get that name anyway.
<H2 class=me>tyˇee

    [tahy-ee]
noun chinook salmon.

</H2>
Mega 360, Mega Live
Ezee Steps
Cannon Rod Tubes, Traxstech tracks
TKI CNC angle track mounts
Lithium TM Bats w/shunt gauge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbilodeau View Post
<H2 class=me>tyˇee

    [tahy-ee]
noun chinook salmon.

</H2>
ahhh ok

thanks

Dad shot the little fellow.

Mary had a little pig.
Her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with her,
Between two hunks of bread.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by perchjerker View Post
ahhh ok

thanks
Yep... like Jeff said. ... "Tie- EE" Means big Chinook Salmon. The boat was first built to address the flourishing Salmon fishery (decades ago) in the Great Lakes.

PJ....you did better than some.
Better than "TEE-HEE", I hear at some boat shows now and then LOL!

Last edited by T Mac; 11-21-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob's Dream View Post
Thanks again. Awesome information. I went on the Lund boat builder to compare pricing. No options.
Do you think the 9 inch difference between the crossover and 1800 tyee would be very noticeable? Also, my last boat was a 2003 Lund Fisherman 1800 and I don't want the new boat to feel much smaller than that one.
I have been in all 3 models and have all of them.
No question... 9 inches is going to show up in a boat, just like in a camper. But... the there are superior fishing features in the Tyee
Plus, the layout is so good, the storage is so good... the new 1800 seems like a bigger boat.
The 1800 runs really nice with a 150. The 1900 is decent with a 150...but, it is packing a bigger load to start with and will only increase from there. (more fuel...etc.)
Old 11-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Wallhanger

Hey Guys, I have ALL of these boats at our store, 1750,1800,1900 and 1875 and soon to be released 1775 Crossover...the 1800 Tyee is probably the Most bang for your buck, a couple grand more than the Crossover but when you look at the Layout, IPS with strakes and Thicker alum,more stringers (spine to support hull) and a beefier structure are worth it, if YOU want a Ski style boat, meaning your going to Fish as much as I do, which is never, then your a Crossover guy, the Tyee is Fish and Ski, Crossover is Ski and fish.....I dont at all notice the difference is length of the 1800 vs. 1850, I do notice the $8000 price difference, guys the 1800 is just as good with a Better layout, more family friendly layout,better rod locker with ski locker under,bigger livewell,better hider for sun top,If you would like a NO BS or NON SALES talk, Shoot me a call, Im a very fair guy and ALWAYS SUGGEST dealing with Your local dealer, I do not sell on WC, just educate. On thing to get on any of those boats, the Special Edition Graphic, it makes the boat look like a $35-$40k boat, plus they protect against docks vs stickers.....the Red chrome looks Insane on the Blue or White......obviously black also......My cell is 847-450-4011 Brannon and great choice on a lund, best Value in the Aluminum business, yes I said value, youll see why when you trade or sell her for your next one.......Brannon 847-450-4011
Old 11-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Keeper

Thanks for all your help everyone. The information provided was very informative. Next step is to check the models out personally. I live near Toronto and the boat show in January should be a good place to do that.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Wallhanger

Definitely buy in January, dont wait till February because the Rebate is pro rated, this year Merc is not giving away the 3+2 warranty, you may have to pay up to $2.00 a HP for it, but id Push for 3+2 with the 2 being Platinum coverage. Get all the options you can from the factory so the boats warranty covers your interior options....some Lunds you can get in Monochromatic paint, small charge, so a ALL black Tyee or Impact....
Old 11-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCONLY View Post
Definitely buy in January, dont wait till February because the Rebate is pro rated, this year Merc is not giving away the 3+2 warranty, you may have to pay up to $2.00 a HP for it, but id Push for 3+2 with the 2 being Platinum coverage. Get all the options you can from the factory so the boats warranty covers your interior options....some Lunds you can get in Monochromatic paint, small charge, so a ALL black Tyee or Impact....
So your saying you can order the tyee with a black freeboard and black hull? I called a dealer to ask about that and they had never heard of it and thought i was on crack. I said there are a ton of of pros running black on black pro-v's and they said sorry cant help you.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Wallhanger

Id say since the "Pros" get it and they buy discounted boats, and your buying a retail boat you may have a chance. Id talk to a dealer that has been selling Lunds for years, their are some In Minneapolis and so on.....your local dealer or whoever your buying from can simply call his Rep, tell said Rep," I have a customer that wants a Mono-Chromatic Black Lund 1800 TYEE" he will buy the boat if we can do that, its easier to paint one color, and since its done on the 2075s and 1975s and its even on Lunds DVD that plays in a loop at the Boat Show, they show one of the Famous Pros with a all Gunmetal 2075 it looks Bad ***, very expensive looking....

Tags
crossover , lund , tyee