Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Edward Lake - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-27-2021, 10:35 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckohlt View Post
If you can figure out lake trout lakes for walleyes you can figure out any type of water,I like fishing lake trout lakes for walleyes,the average size seems to be bigger
Your absolutly right.Cliff does has huge walleyes in it.Tougher to find them so its not a real whow walleye destination.My wife and i go there when ever we can and we have very good luck there.Ive also fished there many years and know the ins and outs of the lake through a lot of trail and error.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2021, 06:51 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
Your absolutly right.Cliff does has huge walleyes in it.Tougher to find them so its not a real whow walleye destination.My wife and i go there when ever we can and we have very good luck there.Ive also fished there many years and know the ins and outs of the lake through a lot of trail and error.
No fish is going to escape you,you got them right where you want them,in your backyard
Old 03-28-2021, 02:48 PM
Charter Member

Very logical walleye bite in a super clear lake. Ability to out-see their prey is a characteristic trait, of which they atke advantage. Most stained water action tends to really slow down as the sun sinks. Although walleye can see well, relatively, in the dark, water which is not as clear to begin does tend to cause the bite to be substantially reduced, due reduced visibility. Usually.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2021, 04:16 PM
Wallhanger

Its a amazing thing with with walleyes.You could set your watch to them.No bite till the sun starts setting in the West and bottom of the sun touches the tops of the trees Bang its on.This basically happens mostly with ice on.Good thing these habits dont drag on into summer or we would all be be fishing in the dark.I only use one rod as 2 would be to much and wouldn't be able to keep up catching them.When the border was open ice had guests at this spot and said that was the best time they ever had and size wise also as this lake has many 30" fish in it.
Old 03-28-2021, 04:45 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
Its a amazing thing with with walleyes.You could set your watch to them.No bite till the sun starts setting in the West and bottom of the sun touches the tops of the trees Bang its on.This basically happens mostly with ice on.Good thing these habits dont drag on into summer or we would all be be fishing in the dark.I only use one rod as 2 would be to much and wouldn't be able to keep up catching them.When the border was open ice had guests at this spot and said that was the best time they ever had and size wise also as this lake has many 30" fish in it.
Cloud cover can get them going earlier
Old 03-29-2021, 06:27 AM
Wallhanger

Walleyes never play by the rules.You might get a couple sneak in early but normally it takes the bottom of the sun to touch the top of the trees no matter what.Going to fish some rapids this week and see if there coming into that area yet.Have couple weeks left before season closes so will check it every few days.its a evening affair to.Weather is looking good to get some melting going on.Winter is long season and spring time is very welcome in my book.Time to get a couple of regular rods out. Got out yesterday to a small lake for some crappies but might of been to late as we only got into the perch.But fun outing and nice day out.Burned some smokies perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210328_111728_1617020627216.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	533.0 KB
ID:	325254   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210328_110811_1617020718935.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	585.2 KB
ID:	325256