Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
HDS 5 Gen 1 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 07-17-2019, 08:20 AM
Minnow

Default HDS 5 Gen 1

I have an HDS 5 Gen 1 that recently just quit working on me without any warning. Is there any possible way to get waypoints and trails off of it? I have a ton of info and data that I will lose if I can't. I already bought a replacement as I couldn't be without it, but would still like to try and get the data off the hard drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2019, 09:58 AM
Wallhanger

Does the unit even power up and can you scroll through the pages?

If it does you should be able to go to the files pages and transfer that stuff to an SD card.

If not you're probably out of luck.
NPAA #803
Old 07-17-2019, 10:30 AM
Minnow

Unfortunately, it doesn't power up. The screen blinks when i hit the power button but nothing. I was afraid I was out of luck, but thought I would check. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2019, 11:06 AM
Wallhanger

Did you try a soft reset?

To do a soft reset, start with the unit off. Press and hold down the pages button and push the power key. Keep holding down the pages button until the map of the U.S. shows up and it's done. This reset will not erase any waypoints or trails you have saved.

To do a hard reset, start with the unit off. Press and hold down the Zin and Zout buttons and push the power key. Keep holding down the Zin and Zout buttons until the unit boots up. This reset WILL erase all waypoints and trails you have saved! Use this reset with caution.

Marty