Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
School me on inline duct fans - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2019, 02:55 PM
Keeper

I suggest 6" over a 4" as it is quieter with a bit more volume. The sone ratings are published.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2019, 05:29 AM
Wallhanger

I installed an inline for my front main floor bedroom. I installed a small access panel in the ceiling of basement bedroom it is above. if there is an outlet or junction box in there code says it has to be accessible. eventually it will quit working and you will need to access to replace
Old 11-13-2019, 05:57 AM
Wallhanger

Like a few others have mentioned, go with the 6'' inline, quieter and will move more than enough air. Wire it with a thermostat and install the below access panel.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Acudor-P...1212/202925869
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2019, 06:30 AM
Minnow

I would also go with the bath style fan if its feasible, however if you're really sold on the idea of the inline fan without an access panel I would consider installing 2 so when one gives up the ghost, you can pull the switch and swap wires to the spare. that should get you many years down the road before you have to pull sheet rock again.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:07 AM
Wallhanger

Thanks for the ideas, guys. I can't believe I never thought of a bath fan.

REW- what you suggested with the heater is what we are currently doing to keep things more even, but running a little fan is a lot cheaper than running an electric heater.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:29 AM
Charter Member

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...hoCX4AQAvD_BwE
Old 11-13-2019, 08:15 AM
Wallhanger

Default a different idea

Years ago I looked at a house to buy that had wood heat as a backup, with the woodburner in the lower level. The guy made and installed a wood grate in several places in the floor with sliding covers. Simply by opening and closing various covers he could move the heat vertically throughout the house. Perhaps a similar idea with a fan installed between the covers would work in the wall.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:12 PM
Minnow

Panasonic makes a product designed for that application, It is a FV-0510VS1, with and optional FV-JD wall register box. The box attaches to the fan designed to mount in the wall and the grill would exhaust out the back wall. These are available through plumbng, electric, or HVAC distributors, The fan and box are not available at the big box stores. The fan has DC motor and selectable 50, 80 or 100 cfm. very quiet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Transfer_Register_Box_SubmittalSheet.pdf (224.7 KB, 50 views)
Old 11-13-2019, 03:25 PM
Wallhanger

My house is a two story and had the same problem. I could access the duct work in the basement so I figured out the one that fed the room in question. Installed one and it worked great. Till it started to squeak. Luckily I was able to easily get at it. Nothing is permanent, keep that in mind as to where you want tomount it.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:13 AM
Wallhanger

I would go with a Panasonic, too. I could not hear it when it was on.

I installed a Delta Breezeslim rated 1 sone, draws 6 watts and is rated to run continuously for 70,000 hours. Look for noise, longevity and power consumption.